01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Minervois La Cantilene Magnum

Very pleased this has reappeared on the list. I am down to my last of the 2015 Oo La Lee so more is on the way. A great wine for drinking outdoors on sunny winter days, or in front of a fire when it’s dreadful outside.

2 Likes

I have a couple of 2015’s. Should I be drinking them soon, do you think?

I think you should!

1 Like

They will be very good now, but a good few years ahead of them as well. Try one and see?

1 Like

The only problem is that opportunities to open a magnum are thin on the ground at the moment.:frowning:

1 Like

I was thinking that you were maybe meaning Christmas. I agree that unless there was copious consumption it would be challenging…

My experience of several vintages of it is that it is delicious when first released, usually a couple of years or so after the vintage, but also ages pretty well. I locked away 3 bottles of the 2016 to see how a couple of years more bottle age works.

A magnum at Christmas would be great. Let’s hope we’re allowed to open our homes to our families by then.

2 Likes

I’ll second that!

I have not opened that last 2015 yet. However, we do not need too much persuasion to open a magnum and if the pair of us cannot get through it, it will be finished in the following days.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

1 Like

I believe they said something about sunny days coming up in the weather forecast :wink:

Not “sunlit uplands” then…?

2 Likes

Ah the fabulous sunlit uplands…I use ‘fabulous’ in the classical sense…

2 Likes

I had 3 bottles of my case of 2015 delivered a few weeks back, with a view to it being a potential Christmas candidate.

While it undoubtedly has plenty of time left, it is drinking absolutely beautifully now - the tannins have softened and the oak is perfectly integrated. While bottles will be slightly ahead of a magnum in terms of development, I have no doubt they will also be superb.

My main problem is that I enjoyed the first one so much all 3 have gone already and I now need to make another reserves withdrawal!

2 Likes