01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Midweek drinking thread [18-21 March 2019]

weekday-drinking

Good effort there!

I also availed myself of the Taittinger offer which I had delivered. They were all boxed and only recently, when removing one of them realised they all still have their securty tags!

Tasted a couple of red Burgundies yesterday.

2016 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses - one of the under the radar appellations, love the cherry flavour in the Dubreuil-Fontaine wines. This is no exception. Very young… yet already offering plenty of pleasure.
2016 Domaine Patrick Javillier Aloxe-Corton - did not know Javillier did reds… darker than the Pernand, readier, too. Another under the radar appellation that deserves more attention.
2012 Domaine Parent Ladoix - more substantial, thought provoking, ready to drink… very attractive savoury (a hint yogurty) undertone. Loved this. Did I say under the radar appellation already twice? There is your theme I guess.

Interested to see how the second half is. I’ve really enjoyed my bottles, generally I think their 2001 was excellent.

If you haven’t tried it already, the Rollin 1er Cru Fichots on the list at the moment is really nice. The blurb says that “it seems lean and sinewy but can go the distance, putting on weight as it matures” - and that’s actually kind of how it developed in the glass over the course of the evening.