01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

May 2020 on the Community

Hello,

If you’re looking for a roundup of all our events and top topics in one place, here it is!

Slightly later than usual, but that’s because we’ve been busy behind the scenes confirming some very cool events for the next few weeks. :smiley:

Events in May

Here’s what’s coming up for the rest of the month:

Tuesday 19th May - Lunch with a Buyer: Tim Sykes

Thursday 21st May - #TWSTaste: Australian Opulence

Tuesday 26th May - Lunch with a Buyer: Pierre Mansour

Thursday 28th May - #TWSTaste: ‘Weird’ Wines

You can catch up on any recent events you’ve missed here.

Events to look forward to in early June

To give you time to prepare!

Tuesday 2nd June: Italy Day quiz

Details TBC

Thursday 4th June - #TWSTaste A First Taste of Two New Exhibition Wines

This event had been planned for March and we sadly had to postpone it - but I’m very excited to say it’s BACK! And even if you hadn’t planned on attending the first time around, you’ve got plenty of time to order the wines if you’d like to attend this time:

Top discussions

1. What wine styles/grapes do you have most of in your collection? [Thanks, @szaki1974!]
  2. What food should you match with these Alsace whites? Lots of delicious ideas here. [Thanks, @tom!]
  3. Game time! Guess the quote or lyric (no googling allowed!) [Thanks, @Andy999!]
  4. The spreadsheet thread - how do you organise your wine collection? [Thanks, @Alchemist!]

New User(s) of the Month

The Community bots :robot: have once again picked two top users from our newcomers to award the New User of the Month badge - congrats to @juraloire (who’s been posting some lovely wines in our Midweek and Weekend drinking topics) and our buyer @lockej who joined us for a Q&A last month and gave us a quick update on the 2018 Port vintage.

Tasting note of the month

Picking a top tasting note from last month was not easy, given how many wonderful wines were discussed, but this from @danchaq was pure poetry:

AOB

Nothing this month! Please do let us know if you have any ideas for things you’d like to see here on the Community. :smiley:

7 Likes

So chuffed!! Can’t wait already… :clap: :clap: :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay!!!

Top discussions

1. Syrah, as if you needed to ask!
  2. Black Puddin’, my complete and utter disdain for both, is beyond boundless! :wink:
  3. I was once described as a “cultural desert,” that quality is about to serve me well!! :grinning:
  4. In my mind, and that is the honest truth. :wink: :wink:
2 Likes