I’m getting close to announcing the virtual tastings dates/plans for the coming weeks. Because of incredibly high demand (which might well impact delivery times for some of you) I’m thinking to start with, rather than asking you to place an order for specific wines, we can all explore different styles/themes of wines based on what we already have in!
Here’s some ideas for themes (based on things we had planned as real-life tastings, and also based on some of the styles you guys discuss most frequently!), and I’d love you to vote for wines you think you have, and suggest other themes?
- Cabernet-merlot blends around the world (Bordeaux vs new world if you have it)
- Your weirdest wine (obscure grapes/styles from off the beaten track)
- Mature bottles (potentially vs younger bottles of anything similar?)
- Something special (red or white)
- Northern vs Southern Rhone
- Burgundy vs New World (pinot noir and chardonnay)
- Tour de France (something from classic French regions - white Burgundy, red Bordeaux, red Rhone?)
- New World classics (Argentine malbec, Aussie shiraz, NZ sauvignon)
- Aromatic whites (viognier, gewurztraminer, riesling, muscat, sauvignon etc)
- Sparkling wines from around the world
What do you think?