01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Maconnais and Beaujolais

I have just finaliseda weeks holiday in Vergisson this August. I know know the area reasonably well having spent summer holidays in Thoissey on the banks of the Saone. Ski nautique and wine tasting was the daily the daily routine…skiing first of course followed by a pre-dinner trip to the Cru Beaujolais hills.
I know quite a few growers, having imported from the area during the 90’s and early2000’s ,but Iwould appreciate any personal recommendations from members…

To name but one of each, after discussion with our Beaujolais buyer @sykowino I would highly recommend:

Cheers Ewan, I was aware of Thivin, but the other two are new to me. It will be a week or so erode I look at the wines but I will get round to them…Thanks for your tips !!

Sully. erode= before

Sorry @Ewan, was unable to visit your suggested domaine…no transport and unable to persuade a vehicle owner that it would be a good idea…sully

No worries - une prochaine fois! :wink:

Just browsing the site after joining the community and noticed this post. I made a trip to Chateau Beauregard last week en rout to Uzes (thoroughly charming town near the pont du gard - can recommend maison d’uzes, a relais au chateaux hotel) and had a brilliant tasting. The tasting room was closed but thankfully the extremely welcoming staff in the nearby winery were happy to indulge me. Have purchased Joseph Burrier wines en primeur for a number of years but the range of wines on offer in the tasting room was brill. Purchased the St Amour and Julienas beauvernay as well as some Macon-Milly (new wine for Beauregard) and the excellent Pouilly Fuisse vers cras. You can see why the estate is called Beauregard as the views of vergisson and and solutre are stunning. Hope @onlyawino manages to get transport arranged for the next visit!

Highly recommend visiting La Maison du Cru Fleurie, you can taste (and buy) from 32 domains Fleurie. Very friendly people, and there are some excellent village restaurants nearby. Make sure you have room n the car boot!

http://www.maisonducrufleurie.fr/