01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Ma Vickers' Port and Cranberry sauce

recipe
christmas

Ma has sent me through the recipe - turns out it’s her own creation!

Ma Vickers’ Port and cranberry sauce

Ingredients:
500g cranberries
500g caster sugar
300ml water
2-3tbsp Port

1. Stir the cranberries, sugar and water on a low heat until sugar is dissolved - keep stirring continuously!
  2. Bring to a simmer, and leave simmering uncovered for about an hour or so until the sauce has thickened. The cranberries will pop as they cook!
  3. Leave to cool for about 15 mins then stir in 2-3tbsp of Port.
  4. Pop it in a jar, place wax discs on top and seal with the lid - it’ll last for years!

P.S We like to stir a big dollop through bacon and brie risotto - it’s lush!

Recipes for wine lovers - WIKI
Christmas hamper wine recommendations?

This is AMAZING @laura​:tada::tada:!! Thanks so much . Is this fresh cranberries ?? I’ve got dried in the cupboard but I’m assuming this should be made with fresh ones ?

Hello! Sorry I missed this - yes, fresh cranberries! :slight_smile: Should be in the shops around now-ish… I think Ma made the 2018 ‘vintage’ a few weeks ago so you should be able to find them! :smiley:

Thank you @laura, this is going to be THE best hamper ever…:smile:

Sounds like a great idea to just HAVE to open a bottle of Port for the couple of spoons to add into the sauce, what will I do with the rest of the bottle? :smiley:

I may have tripled the recipe @laura :see_no_evil:… also added some orange zest and juice … now to sit and wait …:grimacing:…! Think I’ll have a drink :joy:.

Looks amazing!! Ooh let me know how the orange zest goes - how much did you use? Might try that myself!

I used zest and juice of 2 oranges and tripled the recipe. You’ll need to reduce the liquid by the amount of juice that goes in… it took forever to cook down :rofl:. I was rather liberal with the Port too :smiley:. Tastes amazing thanks @laura

I find that really difficult to believe :drooling_face: