In the last couple of weeks, we’ve been lucky enough to see 800 (!) new members sign up to this Community, and it’s got a lot busier. This is fantastic news - and I think we could do with expanding our Mentor team a bit to help things run smoothly.
Who/what are the mentors?
If you’re new here, you might not yet have met our trusty team of @Mentors.
The mentors are an incredible team of volunteers we recruited from some of our most experienced and frequent users of this Community - lovely Society members just like you - who come from a variety of backrgounds and have a good understanding for how the Community works.
They help this Community in various ways:
Welcoming new members
Providing guidance and advice for any user who needs help (such as ‘how do I start a WIKI?’ or ‘how do I join a group?’)
Fixing issues like splitting and merging topics to keep things tidy
We rotate and expand the team whenever we think it would be helpful - and now is definitely the time to expand!
So: would you like to join the mentor team?
If so, we’re looking for:
- Users who are already a Trust Level 3
- Have been a member of this Community for at least three months
- Be a regular contributor to The Community
- Be committed to the role - you’ll need to be a regular visitor, with a keen interest in welcoming new members, helping other members with Community queries and starting interesting new discussions.
- Be diplomatic, with the ability to make moderation decisions fairly and help to diffuse any heated discussions.
How do I become a mentor?
Register your interest by replying here, or via DM to @kelly, by the end of Sunday 4th April.
Don’t be shy about applying - we’re happy to expand and rotate the team to make it as fair as possible.