01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Looking for En Primeur buyers who'd like to discuss why you buy EP!

Hi all!

Our wonderful Brand Marketing Manager Rosie is putting together some great information around en primeur and would love to include some insight from the people who know it best - you guys!

We’re looking to speak to 3 or 4 members that use EP about why they love it - how they got started and what excites them about the idea of building up a cellar to be proud of.

Would anyone be interested in sending some thoughts to Rosie? Let me know in the next few days and I’ll gladly put a few of you in touch with her.

Laura

5 Likes

…but of course! :wink:

2 Likes

I’d be happy to as well.

2 Likes

I would be happy to be involved.

2 Likes

Also happy to!

2 Likes

Looks like you instantly got your ‘3 or 4’ volunteers but for what it’s worth I would be interested too.

For info: I’m a moderate spending EP buyer generally spending between £100 and £200 per case of 6.

2 Likes

Oh blimey! Thanks so much, guys! :smiley: I’ll let Rosie know.

2 Likes

If not too late, I’m game.

1 Like

Sure @laura, happy to help.

1 Like

Also happy, if you wanted someone newer to the EP game.

1 Like

And another - I caught the bug in 2001 with the 2000 Bordeaux vintage. Cost me everything I earned in my summer job (aged 16…)

4 Likes

Another volunteer here. My first venture into en primeur was the iconic 1982 Bordeaux, so I might be the longest standing…

2 Likes

Ah, thanks everyone for volunteering! We’re sure Rosie will be very pleased!

4 Likes

I would be happy to talk about en primeur with Rosie

1 Like

Rosie may be sorry she asked now :wink::wink::wink: (j/k!!)

3 Likes

Well, I for one am an EP buyer not remotely interested in talking about why. Mainly because I suspect that if forced to really think about it, I’d conclude that it’s because I’m an idiot.

14 Likes

I was going to volunteer, but you seem to have plenty of willing members, way ahead of me. :clap:
Maybe next time? :+1: :wink: :dragon:

1982 was my first EP campaign too. I remember vividly trying to explain (aged 21) to my (non-wine drinking) parents the sense of buying wine that hadn’t been bottled and wouldn’t be drinkable for around 20 years. Of course the whole EP landscape is now unrecognisable from that in Spring 1983…

2 Likes

Regretfully not.
And anno domini is the the reason why from this year I am no longer buying my clarets EP.

4 Likes

Laura - I’m actually doing a research project on EP so I would love to have a chat with Rosie.

4 Likes