01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Lockdown

Try houseparty.

Thanks so much - we downloaded this at the weekend! We found it a bit buggy (maybe because so many people are using it at the moment) but the games are ACE! :smiley: Especially Pictionary. :joy:

Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in spam emails since the lockdown? My spam emails generally run at around 15-20 a day (that’s completely random spam as opposed to the rubbish I keep getting from people I have actually bought something from sometime in the distant past) but since the lockdown they have been falling steadily (after the immediate rush of one’s titled something along the lines of “corona virus information”) until I literally had none on Sunday and only one today. A previously unheard of low.

Not such a good cause, I fear. They clearly aim to channel public support for the NHS into support for the government itself.

I’m afraid you’re probably right there. Whilst I am awesomely impressed by the work being done by so many individuals, at personal risk to themselves, many other aspects of this business are ramping up my natural cynicism to new levels of paranoia.

And if Thursday evening’s applause was a morale-booster, then great. But what I mostly got was the stink of utter hypocrisy from approximately 40% of those clapping and cheering.

Absolutely - both to my personal and business email addresses. All the “we believe you’ve been involved in a car crash” and the “we just want to ask you a few market research questions” type phone calls have stopped too.

Well, Churchill wasn’t voted in after the war, despite people associating him with the war effort, or perhaps even a little bit due to it (though obviously, that’s a historical simplification)… So who knows! People might be so sick of seeing Boris posing as a quasi- Churchill, and the economic impact of this maybe so dramatic that some voters will want a new start when the time comes to vote…

But I may be a silly optimist, of course.