01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Local tasting groups directory - a WIKI

wiki

Welcome to the local tasting groups directory!

It’s currently… well, very small. :see_no_evil:

But as this new category blossoms and we get more local tasting groups, we hope it will grow.

Anyone can amend this topic - so you’ll be able to add your own tasting group here.

If your local group doesn’t exist below or on the Groups page yet, let us know and we can create a new group for you. You can start a topic in this category to recruit new members to your local group.

LOCAL TASTING GROUPS BY REGION

London

Central London Wine Society meets most Wednesdays

North London Tasting Group

South-West London Tasting Group

South East England

Royal Tunbridge Wells group

St Albans U3A currently has 4 wine tasting groups

East England

Colchester group

Hitchin group

Midlands

Northampton Wine Society - We have many Wine Society members and have been meeting monthly for 20+ years, please see our website (follow the link) for more information including records of every wine tasted since 2006.

Royal Leamington Spa group

Stratford Upon Avon Wine Club - external link, meets monthly, includes a number of Wine Society members.

West England

Exeter Wine Tasters A group just finding its feet (formed early 2019 using the meetup.com platform) with tastings at wine merchants and vineyards, but with plans to organise our own events. Currently running monthly tastings with social evenings interspersed.

Malmesbury/Tetbury

Bath

Cornwall Wine Tasting Group meets monthly in Truro, includes many TWS members.

North East England

Grimsby

York tasting group

North London group
North London group
pinned #2

Just out of curiosity, is the idea for this to list TWS member groups exclusively? Or it could be quite long (I’ve no idea about these ones but the link didn’t suggest they were)

I assumed they were general clubs. The two links I added are not limited to TWS members, tho’ the U3A group I belong to are all members and buys most of their wines from TWS.

Laura

Our Colchester based tasting group, Oddbods, isn’t a Wine Society group as such, but I hope I can list it. Possibly about half the present group are TWS members though, so we often taste the range.

As with all these groups were looking for new members as there’s always a bit of ebb and flow. We have been active for over 10 years now and meet every month(or there abouts) on the second Thursday. We usually take it in turns to organise an evening, so it’s up to the organiser to theme the evening(or not). Add to that a Christmas party, summer BBQ and a Church Street Tavern BYO night.

Happy to do a page

If they’re groups with Society members taking part, I’ve got no issue at the moment with them being listed. Obviously if it spirals out of control we might need a separate section for non-Community tastings groups! But for now I think it’s a nice way for members to find tastings groups in their own area. :smiley:

Also, if anyone is responsible for these non-Community groups and would still like to set up a private group here to chat to liaise with members of that group, I’ll happily set one up! Will probably help you find more members in the long run. :slight_smile:

And by all means, invite members of your local tasting groups to join The Community…! :smiley:

I’ve set you up a Colchester group, Russ - and added it to the Wiki! :smiley: Hope you’ll find some nice new members to join you all here.

The north of England group is searching for the ideal spot…Scafell Pike is the only suggestion so far. I think @leah is investigating the suitability of a derelict rig in the North Sea.

Looking promising so far @onlyawino :rofl:

Stoke Gabriel, South Devon been meeting for over 5 years now.

@laura

Could you include the Association of Wine Cellarmen? http://www.winecellarmen.com

We meet in Central London about once a month.

Thanks,

Gill

Hi @laura

I’ve been running a tasting club in Woking, the Horsell Wine Club, for a over a decade. Can I please be added to the Wiki? There’s no website though, just an email address.

Many thanks

With these wiki posts you’ll find you have access to edit the first post in the thread yourself. So you can actually add your group yourself.

Anyone interested in a South East London tasting group? I’m based in Beckenham and happy to host

We have a long-running informal group here in Oxford, should anyone be interested. We tend to meet on Sunday evenings every month, usually with food too.

Anyone in Central Lancs area…Preston ?

I thot so !!!:sunglasses:

Looks like me and the Tyke will have to meet up…:roll_eyes:

Hi there i’m a new member and live in East London nr Forest Gate E7 and Wanstead. Is there a members wine group in this area? Thanks. Les