01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Living near the Showroom

Today crystallised the pros & cons of living near the Showroom. Whilst in the purgatory of a half-term trip to Stevenage Cineworld (to be fair Lego 2 was pretty good), I decided to pop in afterwards to the showroom as it’s only a few hundred metres away. However, I can honestly say I have no need for more wine given the precarious storage situation at Chateau Barrett in Hitchin.

After a lovely chat with the Showroom staff for me and my 7 year old daughter I walked out with over a £100 worth of unnecessary wine…

Still I did manage to find five bottles of the 2016 vintage of this personal favourite in bin ends which had sold out online many moons ago:

Such a familiar experience, Cineworld included!

Thanks for sharing! This is absolutely lovely, and rather resonant for a number of reasons.

Firstly, of course, I spend most of my days in very close proximity to the Showroom.

Secondly, I had a couple of those '16 L’Anciens - possibly my favourite almost-anytime red, great choice!

Thirdly, having met up with a friend and his discerning young daughter there recently, I’ve seen the effect this sort of arrangement can have on the wallet…

That’s great to hear, Martin.Love the L’Ancien as well. Really chuffed to find some hidden at the back!

Kudos to a particular staff member, David, at the till today, who was really engaging with myself and Alex. She really enjoyed the impromptu visit although her homing pigeon trajectory to the Fine Wine section was concerning for a number of reasons.

I have nightmares about half-term in that place

What is this ‘unnecessary wine’?

Fancy your friend forcing his underage child to pay for his wine obsession!

I’m so glad I don’t live anywhere near Stevenage :open_mouth: :moneybag: :chart_with_downwards_trend:

It’s a fair comment, but on the upside there’s the TWS Showroom. :innocent:

I think the two statements are connected :wink: