01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Wine Champions 2021, Thursday 22nd July, 8-9pm

See what you mean about the wet straw. It’s only a couple of years old but it’s starting to show a bit of development and complexity

1 Like

Mrs CC: I was just getting some wet twigs.

2 Likes

Shall we see how it’s tasting? Give it a sip and let us know if it matches the aroma :smiley:

It’s definitely one of the most interesting noses I’ve enjoyed in a while! It’s not your average chardonnay, and I’m intrigued.

2 Likes

Mrs CC: it feels very rich, unctuous in a good way. Citrus for sure and nice mouthfeel. We took ours out of the fridge at 7.30 so a nice temp now.

3 Likes

Definitely follows through from the nose. The fruit is a bit more prominent with more apricot coming through and a slightly bitter lemon. Lots of vanilla from the oak and a nice touch of caramel. There’s a fair whack of acidity to freshen it all up too!

3 Likes

Gosh it’s bold. Almost savoury.

4 Likes

Oh gawd, this sounds like my dream wine! :heart_eyes: Wish I could taste some :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Mrs CC: I think it’s massive.

1 Like

Not for you!!!

1 Like

:joy: Boo! I might buy a bottle for later in the year.

I agree with the apricot, really surprisingly acid and mouth puckering but in a good way

3 Likes

And still quite a bit of oak

2 Likes

Ooh I am really enjoying this - I’m not getting overwhelming fruit, but in a good way, it feels light and very refreshing, the acidity is lovely and balanced, very minerally and crisp. Delicious chilled!

1 Like

Mrs CC: we had a sneaky glass earlier with our BBQ veal and it was good pair. Now going well with Comte, vintage gouda with some Quince cheese. Lovely to drink on a nice evening out of doors.

4 Likes

Absolutely

I’m having panzanella to eat but it seems a bit earthy for this wine

5 Likes

Oh yes, do let us know if you’re drinking this with food and how it’s pairing. Or if you have any food recommendations to suggest?

I think it’s a really good VFM bottle, and something that really justifies it’s price point. Yes, you could probably spend a few quid more and get something a bit more complex, but for the money I think it’s brilliant!

2 Likes

I’m having some cheeky white cheddar and salt biscuits and it is really good

4 Likes