01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Live from 8pm: #TWStaste white Rhône vs white Burgundy

Yeah I think so — a slight bitterness — like if you had a bit of the green skin still on your pineapple. — it actually tastes “green”…

2 Likes

Right in the face :grinning:

3 Likes

Dr C has just got home and rushed through the nose and onto taste - over ripe banana chemically thing in her words.

1 Like

Good body, lovely mouth feel, a big hit of tropical fruit, pleasant acidity and yes, agree about the alcohol!

1 Like

Its quite warming! But the alcohol doesn’t dominate at all. It adds to the weight and gives a little tingle on the finish.

Quite smooth with a pleasant after taste. Very slight spritz in my glass

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s there, but not in a bad way!

1 Like

Definitely getting that!

1 Like

Yes, pheweee! It’s big on the alcohol alright! Still getting nice pineapple too, though, which works quite nicely with the big body. Would this work better with food, do you think?

1 Like

Savoury seaweedy Viognier thing. dr C again.

2 Likes

Would love this with a big ol’ fish pie!

2 Likes

The last of my glass had warmed up - the stone fruit now coming through nicely. Big mouth, long finish. I don’t mind the alcohol, but it does tingle a little.

1 Like

Wowed fish pie tonight😁

Agree that this seems to need food. Not sure what though!

2 Likes

Roasted veg :wink:

2 Likes

Hope so, I’ve got a risotto lined up for tonight.

1 Like

Sorry wowee

1 Like

Fish pie is a good call

3 Likes

Yes a good food wine - Cuttlefish tagliatelle!

2 Likes

I see the recommendation to have it with chicken korma — I can’t imaging that alcohol heat playing nicely even with a relatively mild curry… Something like crayfish or a crab dish I could see though.

2 Likes