01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Two new summer rosés! Thursday 27th May, 8-9pm

I’m going to also go 9 on this one. I think its delicious. Admittedly took me a little longer to come round to it than the Greek but i think its got a lot to offer and has bags of drinkability. Lovely!

2 Likes

Mrs Maths is a 6
Mum Maths is a 5
Olaf is a 6
I’m a 7 again. I think this means that if I do buy a case then I can drink them ALL!

I’m completely on board with this.

1 Like

I think the problem is that is suffering from the comparison.

2 Likes

It’s very good, so an 8 for me.

1 Like

That’s a good point.

Conscious that the first wine is pretty much twice the price of the second as well… I’d definitely drink them both again, but I think I’d gravitate to the first more often.

4 Likes

Completely agree. Very different styles.

2 Likes

Mrs Maths says this wine is to drink, the first one is to relish!
She’s on form tonight!
You can tell she’s finished for the term…

3 Likes

I hadnt even clocked the prices! This punches well above its weight in that respect then.

4 Likes

The scores are in and I think the Kedros Liatiko Rosé, Lyrarakis 2020 juuuuust edged it! But high marks for both wines, which is wonderful!

Thank you all very much for joining us at this virtual tasting tonight, it’s been lovely to share a couple of glasses with you all!

Please do put our next TWSTaste in your diaries and join us on Thursday 24th June at 8pm - we’ve got two new reds that we can’t wait to try with you all:

Have a lovely rest of the evenings and enjoy the rest of your bottles :smiley:

6 Likes

Genuinely had the Greek down at about £12 and this at about £10 per bottle before i knew the prices. Hats off to this second wine. Truly outstanding at the price.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Really enjoyed your comments on the first wine and taking part in the second. See you next time hopefully

2 Likes

Thank you @Kelly for keeping us all on track this evening and for being a top host!

1 Like

Excellent as ever. Both really nice wines and quite different

1 Like

Thank you for joining us! Hope to see you next time!

Thank you everyone! Lovely end to a sunny (if stressful) day!

2 Likes

Thank you for joining! :smiley: So glad you liked the wines.

1 Like

Thanks @Kelly - love these tastinsgs - everyone is so friendly and you really take us out of our comfort zone - and this was a complete winner. Marvellous

5 Likes

So glad to hear it @BecH! Lovely to have you with us and so glad you enjoyed the rosés. Hope to see you at the next one!

5 Likes

Had the Kedros yesterday night and enjoyed it very much. Agree with what has been said here on Thursday.

3 Likes