01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Two new summer rosés! Thursday 27th May, 8-9pm

Good evening Community :smiley:

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual tasting of two new summer rosé wines.

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

We’ve chosen two rosés new to our summer range and we wanted to take this opportunity to try them together!

The rosés we’ll be trying tonight are:

1. Casa Ermelinda Freitas Vinha do Torrao Rose VR Setubal 2020

2. Kedros Liatiko Rosé, Lyrarakis 2020

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have some staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@MrLaura - one of our wine advisers in Member Services
@hugofount - from our Brand and Content Team

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Do add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the two or final thoughts.

And after that, if you want to continue chatting about the wines then do feel free!

We can’t wait to try these wines - see you there! :smiley: Feel free to start chatting below and we’ll get going officially at 8pm.

1 Like

I only have the Lyrarakis, so I’ll join in with that.

1 Like

Sadly i don’t have a bottle to hand but i’ll be keeping an eye on the thread so any questions on the Kedros let me know! I hope you enjoy, certainly the prefect day for some rosé (at least in Hertfordshire it is) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ll begin the tasting at 8pm but we’ll just do a quick poll first to see who’s here and who’s joining us :smiley:

• I’m here, glass in hand!
  • I don’t have the bottles but joining in anyway.
  • I’m lurking, not posting…

0 voters

Hi everyone! Perfect evening for a rosé here. Very much looking forward to tucking in.

4 Likes

Ok, let’s get started! Welcome to tonight’s two new summer rosés tasting!

We’ll start with the Kedros Liatiko Rosé, Lyrarakis 2020 - if you haven’t already, pour yourself a glass, give it a swirl and a sniff and let us know your first thoughts on colour and aroma. :smiley:

Mrs CC: it is here in South Wales. Lovely evening

1 Like

Awesome — looking forward to this in particular after really enjoying some of their other wines, especially this one:

2 Likes

Mrs Maths says it smells quite grown-up - crisp!

1 Like

Beautiful colour in my opinion. Clear, crisp and bright. Pale but not too much so. As much as I hate to judge a book rosé by its cover colour, this looks promising!

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation @philip_currie!

Lovely nose on the Kedros, really bright and zingy, crisp, but ripe fruit, lots of red berries.

3 Likes

I’m taken with the colour of both bottles

1 Like

Now that is a great description! :joy: :clap:

2 Likes

Mrs CC: massive pear drops, very very faint hint of rose petals. Lovely colour indeed and a very slight spritz.

The nose is lovely and crisp. For me it was a little shy at first but is opening up really nicely! My first time trying this and its smelling delicious and enticing! I am getting crisp, crunchy red berry fruit and even a delicate wet stone hint. All very refreshigng.

1 Like

We all agree with this - pear drops

I may have accidentally taken a sip without realising… It just smelt so good and instinct took over. Please dont tell on me!

3 Likes