01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Tapas night! Thursday 27th August, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE ‘Tapas night!’ virtual tasting. If you’re planning to participate tonight then thank you - we’ll be trying three wines from our Summer Drinking in Style offer which we think will be a delicious match for a variety of tapas dishes.

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

The wines we’ll be trying are:

Muga Rosado, Rioja 2019

The Society’s Cava Reserva Brut NV

The Society’s Medium Dry Amontillado Blend

Tapas

You can choose any Tapas dish(es) you fancy for tonight’s tasting, but if you need some inspiration, take a look at some of these recipes from our website:

Who’s on hand to help tonight

Please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of our staff if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@laura - Community Manager
@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@MrLaura - from our Member Services team

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start. Any photos of your Tapas dishes are also more than welcome!
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass of the first wine, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add your additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the three or final thoughts.

And after that, if people want to continue chatting about the wines then please do!

Can’t wait for tonight’s tasting and to try these wines! See you all there! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about drinking rosé in this horrendous weather :see_no_evil: :laughing:

4 Likes

Close your eyes and think of Spain… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ll try my best :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Of course, “the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain”

If that helps???

1 Like

You’re really excelling yourself with these gifs :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, I’m excited!

6 Likes

Looking forward to the wines, the tapas and the our first time at a virtual tasting :+1::blush:

6 Likes

Pre TWS dinner awaiting tapas Deliveroo

5 Likes

Great to have you along, @Steve_Barclay :smiley:

3 Likes

Ohhh, is it paella? Looks yum!

2 Likes

We’ve got anchovy butter and mushroom pate with archive Sonic Youth on the stereo. There’s apocalyptic midge levels at the minute so it was a quick dash to the cellar/barn/fank for tonight’s wines

7 Likes

Ready!!! :smiley:

10 Likes

That is a gorgeous photo!! Welcome. :smiley:

1 Like

Now that’s something I would like to avoid at all costs!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, welcome to tonight’s Tapas #TWSTaste! Shall we do a quick poll to see who’s here?

• I’m here and ready!
  • I’m lurking…

0 voters

1 Like

Where are you, Sally? Sounds rather north west Scotland-ish.

I’m on the north coast of the Morvern peninsula. Opposite Tobermory (there’s a hill in the way otherwise we’d be looking straight at it - Drumbuidhe Cottage on Loch na Droma Buidhe

4 Likes