01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Sweet and Fortified (and cheese!), 16th April 8-9pm

Domaine Huet Le Haut Lieu Premiere Trie Molleux 2003!!

9.5/10
Little to criticise, wonderfully balanced and I would say no to pairing, best drunk as an aperitif.

6 Likes

Croft 77.

I love how port gets me drunk, not much commented on but I love the feeling of melting, ice cream in the sun. No rush with the 77s if you like them like this. I adore them like this and will be shambling about til the small hours eating digestives, walnuts and scraps of Montgomery’s cheddar and praising my foresight in buying a box of these.

Out of ten? seven for the port, nine for the whole thing.

13 Likes

Can I urge everyone to drink unfeasibly large amounts of Sherry (within the Chief Medical Officer’s guidelines, obvs…)

13 Likes

Yes, yes you can. :laughing:

A HUGE thank you to @SykoWino for joining us! :smiley: We’ll have to see if we can tempt him back for a buyer lunch in a few weeks… :eyes:

6 Likes

If you are following those guidelines that’s about a thimbleful a day! It’s simply not possible!

8 Likes

Thank you all for attending tonight and please join us next Thursday 23rd for our ‘Roam around the Rhône’ virtual tasting!

6 Likes

A huge thank you as well to Buyer Tim @SykoWino for joining us tonight!

7 Likes

Sorry @SykoWino sherry just doesn’t work for me; I’ll stick to Bordeaux!

3 Likes

with pleasure

5 Likes

I’m not going to mark either but the Filhot 2011 is absolutely delicious. Looking forward to polishing the rest off over the weekend already. I’ve a feeling it will be even better tomorrow.

As always, thanks to everyone involved in organising this It really is appreciated.

4 Likes

Thanks all! Top fun and great to have @SykoWino along too.

See you all soon!

5 Likes

Thanks everyone; sweet and fortified is not usually my thing but cheese certainly is. Great fun as ever! :smiley: :clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

7 Likes

That was huge fun! Have a good rest of the evening.

5 Likes

Please restock the six packs of Alegria !

3 Likes

Home made all the way … meringue and Crème Anglaise from duck egg (my partner is currently furloughed) …

Might be the best dessert I’ve ever had.

6 Likes

Another two or three years.

Tuscan Wensleydale? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Almost!

4 Likes

1981 Moulin Touchais Coteaux du Layon

Who would have thought that sweet wine also needs air… my Coteaux du Layon has been transforming over the tasting. Really delicious stuff… one could say youthful. It is about an 8 now… from 6 on opening.

8 Likes