01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Supporting Lebanon, Thursday 10th September, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual Supporting Lebanon tasting.

This week, our theme is Lebanon - we’ll all be bringing different Lebanese wine that we have at home, for a virtual taste-along.

Here’s how things will work:

1. We will post a WIKI (editable list) of who’s tasting what tonight. Have a look and, if you’re not on there, please do add yourself! You can do that by clicking the ‘Edit’ button in the bottom right of the WIKI post.
  2. We’ll also post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  3. We’re all drinking different bottles, so it might be hard to keep track. Whenever you post tonight, please start your post with the name of the wine you’re drinking!
  4. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  5. We’ll then taste the wines together and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  6. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, or final thoughts.

Please then feel free to continue chatting about the wines you’re drinking (we’ll likely be indulging in another glass anyway!)

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide ‘How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Lebanese wine

If you are new to Lebanese wine and would like to learn a bit more before the tasting, you might find it interesting to read this piece on Chateau Musar, ‘Chateau Musar: 90 Years Of Excellence From The Iconic Lebanese Estate’, written by our Director of Wine and Buyer for Lebanon Pierre Mansour:

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have some of our staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@laura - Community Manager
@MrLaura - part of our Member Services team
We’re looking forward to tonight! We hope to ‘see’ you there!
:smiley:

4 Likes

Hello @Leah Thanks for your kind comment about my picture, the thread was cut short before I could reply!
Sorry you won’t be tasting tonight, get well soon.

3 Likes

I might go for the '09 Ksara tonight because, well, it needs opening. The Musars have time in hand…

3 Likes

Decanted and enchanted in Brighton…

The perfume from the decanter is beguiling… Spicy damsons and sumac. Yes, sumac! :+1::grinning:

5 Likes

Well that’s perfect for the fattoush then! :+1:

3 Likes

In fact, just pour it on :yum:

3 Likes

What vintage is your Hochar? I have the new one but tonight will be opening the 1995 - I daren’t decant it yet, just in case. I have 2000 and 2005 in reserve as well as the 2017 from the Best of Lebanon case (I have to confess we have already tried all the wines in that case and it is much depleted. Peter and Christine

5 Likes

Ha ha! A sort of glorified red wine vinegar dressing… But perhaps a little indulgent… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, nothing old- the 2017… My very first, too (though had other Lebanese wines). Really looking forward :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the list of Lebanese wine lovers. we have been drinking Chateau Musar for too many years to count (certainly since 1990) and still have some 2005 in TWS bond. The great feature of Musar is that every bottle is different, but all are delicious.

6 Likes

Ready!! See you guys in a bit :wine_glass:

7 Likes

Suitably dusty…

6 Likes

We’re almost ready to get started!

Let’s just take a quick poll to see who’s here:

• I’m here and ready to go!
  • I’m lurking, but not posting tonight
  • I don’t have any Lebanese wine but I’m joining in with something else

0 voters

7 Likes

Greetings from Brighton! :wave: :smile:

10 Likes

Big fans of Château Musar and have a few reds tucked away but managed to get hold of a Musar Jeune 2018 for something a bit different. And we’re looking forward to hearing everyone’s reports later.

4 Likes

Oh my, that food looks A-MA-ZING @Inbar!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That white wine looks interesting

1 Like