01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Rioja 'Vertical' virtual tasting, 26th March 8-9pm

twstaste

In case anybody missed it when I mentioned it earlier, @PierreM will log back on tomorrow to answer any Rioja-related questions, so feel free to leave some here for him :slight_smile:

Good night from the TWS team - thanks again SO much for joining us! :smiley:

What a lovely evening! The #TWSTaste has cheered me up, as usual! Thanks all for joining and sharing your very lovely bottles, and thank you @laura for hosting! Looking forward to the next one :blush::champagne:

Great evening folks. A bit weird when hardly any of us are drinking the same wine but all Rioja Tempranillo and really interesting to read what age, barrel age, different producers and types of oak and no doubt different areas of Rioja can all do to vary our experiences. Great fun. Night one and all​:wine_glass::slightly_smiling_face:

You know I bet we could have a similar crazy night with Musar!

btw credit to @Inbar for this idea

Now THERE’S a thought…hold the Burgundy!!

Cune Crianza 2016
A strong 7/10.
Very pleasant
Phenomena value at under £8 on offer.

A big thanks to @laura and the team for organising this. It was a grand evening!

fullsizeoutput_3a6f

Thanks @Mike

The instructions say to wash with hot water, but this never removes that stink! I’ve not noticed any taint to the wine, but my palate is iffy to say the least. Will source some brewer’s cleaning powder and have a go with that.

we have beaten Eurovision… the two Rhone topics seem untouchable

Night night , everyone. Until the next time!

Great night guys and well done for organising, thanks to @tom also. Can you believe we will all have to go back into the world at some point and NOT wear sweat pants, pjs and sweatshirts … the horror !!:open_mouth::sweat_smile:

Laura thanks for a great chat!. My first event and thoroughly enjoyed it. Best time I’ve had after 4 days of self-isolating, on my own. Looking forward to next time. Sleep now!

Farewell!

Thanks all, goodnight

you should have just put the link on a separate line… no need deleting

I’m still learning…! :rofl:

Thank you so much for joining us! I hope to see you at the next one too. :smiley: Wonderful to see so many new faces here. :blush:

Pretend take a Pinot from elsewhere and knowing your tastes you must have a
Xinamavro in the house.