01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Rioja 'Vertical' virtual tasting, 26th March 8-9pm

twstaste

my daughter told me today that I am just another brick in the wall…

All in all she’s probably right … :wink:

Ooh! Shall we double up and have a Burgundy and Bubbles tasting maybe?!

Marques de Riscal 1996

Wow! This is a gorgeous mature wine! So satisfying to keep a wine for so long and be so thrilled when you open it. This is why one matures wine even if it has been opened 10 years after the advised last drinking dates. Beautiful balance and depth to the wine - soft plums and cherries. Goes perfectly with the Picanha steak (ok Brazilian cut but Sainsburys did not have ribeye!)

Thank you - great rush of views, fun, with a steady pace here. Worked really well.

@PierreM what do you reckon to the drinking window for the Contino Rioja Reserva 930? There’s nothing old about this 10 years on, I’d be tempted to leave the next bottle like 5 years?! I’ve got 4 left…

Thanks and goodbye. Much fun

We have some dusty old champers in the house AND some English fizz! Spoilt for choice!

Alice Cooper!!!

Pedant’s corner here. Pink Floyd said we don’t need no education (oh yes you do!). ‘‘Twas Alice Cooper who said schools out, surely?:crazy_face:

Hi Claire, yes I have an ETO and love it! It definitely works best if you keep in the fridge (even if it’s a red wine), but I would say it keeps for a week for sure. Perhaps not as good if you are trying to save less than half a bottle, but good otherwise. Hope you enjoy it

I say space em out, would be chaos if the attendance is anywhere near this if you double the bottles!

Under normal circumstances I’d say “All round to Gilli’s”, but that’ll have to be in future times!
Love a bit of wine and chocolate.

La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904, 2010

8/10 and there is no rush to drink this, it will still be delicious in another 10 years.

@PierreM has logged off for the evening but before going he let me know that he will have a look through the thread again tomorrow and answer any questions that people have for him. So he will be able to come back to you then! :+1:

Casa del Marques 6/10, tasted OK at first, but really is too sweet and tastes of bubblegum.
Navaja gran reserva 8/10, (although if I was rating it against a Bordeaux or Burgundy I’d score it a lot lower)

Good point!

Okay, how about this - we can always do both one week after the other?! :smiley:

• I vote Burgundy first
  • I vote fizz first

0 voters

Correct I have had a few :wine_glass:

Yes to English fizz next time!