01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Rioja 'Vertical' virtual tasting, 26th March 8-9pm

twstaste

Imperio 2010 - my wine is continuing to improve in the glass. We decanted, but not early enough it seems

2012 CVNE Vina Real Gran Reserva - 7.5/10, pushing 8 with a bit of gran padano. Very satisfying but not quite as polished as it’s Imperial stablemate.

Oh yes, I think I have something special to open.

Muga Seleccion Especial Reserva 2005 - 8/10
Is still developing in the glass from my earlier tasting note, rounding out further, some food would certainly help it really shine as well.

2006 Urbina Reserva Especial. Mr JayKay gives it a measly 8 because we enjoyed the same makers 1994 GR at the weekend and it was gorgeous! I’m giving a more generous 9.

Probably give the LRA Ardanza 2010 a big 8 - with more to come over the next 3 to 4 years. There was just a hint of bitterness on the very end - it’s beginning to integrate with the overall ‘sweetness’ of the wine, but not quite there yet, so a 9 is deffo on the cards.

Marques de Murrieta Ygay 1994 Reserva

I will give this 8.5/10. A longer finish and/or little more fruit would get it to 9 or more…that may come. I too was on some crunchy Red Leicester with it, and some local Dunlop cheese.

Been a great evening and distraction from other things tonight!

:rofl:

Thank YOU! :smiley: And thank you everyone - this has been our biggest virtual tasting ever, with up to 125 of us online at one point, and it’s been a blast.

A few of you mentioned earlier in the week you’d be up for a tasting of Burgundy (red and white?!) next week - who’d be up for that?

• Yes please!
  • Not for me

0 voters

I can’t double-like but @laura can we pllleeeeaaaassseeee make fossicking fizz the next taste scramble???

Normally you’d say not on a school night but hey ho schools out forever say Pink Floyd

What kind of game are you thinking?

We don’t have any Burgundy in the house! :frowning:

Cune Crianza 2016
Definitely could age a bit. Not a very long finish.
However, phenomenal with strong cheddar! :drooling_face:

Urbina 2006
Absolutely a wine for the long haul. My favourite tonight, but the others were probably a bit young still. Don’t notice the 14% alcohol particularly. 8/10 for me.

The Muga 2012 (at this point) is 6/10 and the Tahon 6.5/10.

Snap! I was just giving the same score when I saw your post.

He was on the end of Mr P’s bullets, all 7 of them !

Speaking of being open for three days,I can’t finish my delicious 2008 Tempranillo so I will decant it into my Eco decanter -a crazy but very useful present from my son for Christmas. Does anyone else have one? Claims to keep the wine fresh for up to a week. Mine has never lasted that long so haven’t fully tested the claim…!

Hi. I’m new to this forum.
I opened TWS Rioja Crianza 2012 and enjoying it with after eights :wink:

English Fizz? (To be honest, I’m not that fussy where it comes from)!