01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Rioja 'Vertical' virtual tasting, 26th March 8-9pm

twstaste

Level 4 is something to look forward to. nothing stopping you doing the homework early…

image Orube Crianza 2016 intense but not over bold, a wine for drinking now

Is that a Majestics own label vino :wink:

I’m just amazed that so many members love Rioja as much as I do. I thought it was a very minority taste but this makes me feel so much more confident in my wine journey. Thanks to all. Sadly have to leave now but stay safe all! :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

@PierreM , I’ve got six of these and I’m planning to open a bottle a year on the twins’ birthday, starting with their sixth this year. Do you think it’ll happily turn 11?

About 45s for me I think, not the longest but I think it’s still opening up after some hours.

Just like Andrex, soft strong and very long…

Any left gratefully received - DHS will deliver i believe!

Wow, some stunning wines on the go tonight by the look of it!

Who here thinks their wine could age for longer? Anyone think it’s a bit too young/a bit past it?

What about food matches? I see a lot of cheese being consumed this evening :smile:

Thanks for joining us @Gareth-W! See you at the next one!

Cune GR 2010

Good length here but just warmth as opposed to anything more interesting.

Even had to check alcohol level on label to confirm 13.5% as would have suspected higher.

RIght everyone, I’ve got to shoot, it’s my step daughter’s 30th birthday today and the family are doing a quiz on Zoom!
keep enjoying yourselves,

Not just mint Aeros, but all after dinner chocolate/mint combos.

i try to focus on the positives… always two for me!

The leader so far !

Often on wine lists in Spain at extremely reasonable prices - though usually too young! Had the 2010 over Xmas, and it wasn’t singing till it had been three days open and then schlepped up and down mountains before being chilled a bit in a river!

Probably cheaper than Andrex was last week…and easier to find!

And you’ve got to buy in bulk!!!

That could be a descriptor for many… many things :sweat_smile:

One of the Definition range …but comes from La Rioja Alta!

Thank you SO much for joining us, Pierre! It’s been lovely sharing a glass of Rioja with you. :smiley: