01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Italy and Argentina, two new reds! Thursday 24th June, 8-9pm

We’ve just poured a second (small) glass as quickly polished off the first. Tasting wise we think it lives up to the nose and sings with our dinner :nerd_face:

3 Likes

You’re right about the sour cherries.

It’s interesting the differences. Most of the Chianti I’ve had recently has been Rufina, which, despite the name always seems to me to be a little more refined.

2 Likes

Very dry, still very fruity. Mum Maths not a fan!

2 Likes

Olaf says it is front loaded. Nothing at the back of the throat

3 Likes

Haha no you didn’t miss it, I didn’t know quite how to bring it up! :joy:

4 Likes

As expected - where are the salted cashews?

2 Likes

Mrs CC: it differs from earlier, now that’s been in the decanter for a few hours. Earlier I detected a hint of wood (American White Oak that’s just been planed, if you want to be precise), but that’s completely gone now and the creaminess has taken over.

3 Likes

What are you having for dinner? :smiley:

I saw on Twitter, exciting times!

2 Likes

I like it but I think it might be a bit medicinal?

2 Likes

I think food would be an excellent idea with this…

2 Likes

The tannins are still a little severe. For my tastes still a little young but lots of promise.

3 Likes

I’ve already eaten but I have brought a cheese board with me and I agree I think with those tannins it will go better with them.

3 Likes

Olaf says he’d struggle if we had to drink two bottles!

Mrs CC: we had it with prawns and pasta (having been sautéed then a reduced tomato and chilli sauce and it went well.

1 Like

Cashews were an excellent shout, tastes much better now!

1 Like

‘Shouts Across the Room’: Mike Franklin’s got a cheeseboard!

3 Likes

We’re gobbling a bone in rib eye with a balsamic, honey, rosemary and Parmesan rocket salad and homemade chips.

It goes pretty perfectly in our humble opinion! I did plan dinner around the wine. Tend to that if it is a £20+ bottle!

7 Likes

@MikeFranklin just reminded me, I have some stilton in the fridge which I want to try with it!

2 Likes

Absolutely! I always Rufina to be more on the elegant side with a really bright freshness to it. This is a bit more brooding.

2 Likes