01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Italy and Argentina, two new reds! Thursday 24th June, 8-9pm

I can sort of wrap my mind around that description. Very full, blackberry but earthy notes too.

3 Likes

I’m also getting something floral – somewhere.

1 Like

Mrs CC: understand the hint of chalk - also getting blackcurrant/berry, petrol notes and a slight creaminess. Autumn hedgerow in a glass.

3 Likes

Violets is a good shout.

2 Likes

Yes to the blackcurrant and creaminess!

2 Likes

I’m only sniffing tonight again (while I’m growing a small human!) but really excited to sniff! :joy:

Ooh yes! I was going to say almost ‘dusty!’ I also get something perfumed and maybe floral!

9 Likes

It’s quite typical Chianti on the nose. Sour cherry, plum, clove, bit of pepper. There’s a bit of maturity poking it’s head out, but still smelling quite fresh.

4 Likes

Unsurprisingly very Sangiovese; I do love the nose of Sangiovese!

2 Likes

Congratulations Laura and Mr Laura!

7 Likes

There is something else and I can’t ‘get’ it

1 Like

Awww thank you! I do miss a nice glass of wine but only a few months to go now. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you! :grin: Only down side is I now have to finish off both bottles from tonight…how terrible!

7 Likes

Ooo congrats! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What a hardship :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m used to that being a curmudgeonly (old) bachelor!

3 Likes

You’ve kept that very quiet. Or have I missed it?

So we’re getting lots of fruit, floral and spice aromas, some lovely notes from you all! Shall we give it a taste? (And if you tasted earlier, a second taste with detailed tasting notes :rofl:)

1 Like

Smooth and creamy

1 Like

Yes it is smooth

1 Like

Lots of spice - agree on the cloves, but also floral notes and black fruits. Lovely colour too!

1 Like