01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste First Taste of Two New Exhibition Wines, Thursday 4th June , 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE First Taste of Two New Exhibition Wines virtual tasting.

If you’re planning to participate tonight then thank you - this event was previously postponed, so we’re very excited for it to take place (virtually) tonight!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

We’re launching two brand new wines in our Exhibition range - and tonight, we’ll all try them for the first time!

The wines we’ll be trying are:

The Society’s Exhibition Rheingau Riesling 2018

The Society’s Exhibition Sonoma Pinot Noir

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have lots of staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@laura - Community Manager
@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@Ewan - our PR manager
@hugofount - from our Brand and Content Marketing Team
@MrLaura - from Member Services

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, or final thoughts.

And after that, if people want to continue chatting about the wines then please do!

Some other exciting news - tonight at 5:30pm, our USA buyer @Sarah will also be live on The Wine Society’s Instagram to chat to Claudia Schuetz, the winemaker for the new Society’s Exhibition Sonoma Pinot Noir!

Tune into @thewinesociety1874’s Instagram story to on 4th June at 5:30pm to listen to their discussion, and then come along to this tasting to try the wine yourself!

A NOTE FROM SARAH:

"The family estate was set up by Claudia’s father ,Walter Schug, whose family in Germany had also made wine. In California, he was well known as a great winemaker and 30 years ago, after working for Phelps, he set up his own winery to Cilicia on Pinot in the cooler coastal region of Sonoma.

Sadly, he passed away a few years ago, but his daughter Claudia and her brother Axel are both now involved in the business.

The Exhibition Pinot we have selected is an exclusive blend for us that we worked on from a great vintage to start what we hope will be a long partnership."

Can’t wait for tonight’s tasting and to try these wines! See you all there! :grinning:

2 Likes

At least the WIKI is an easy one tonight! :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

I’m excited to revive the old format and read what others have to say about the wine in my glass!

Hope to make the winemaker IGTV as a warmup.

2 Likes

Arrived a few hours ago. Must be in there, somewhere

4 Likes

Looking forward to it. Can’t make the 5:30 instagram thingy as I don’t do Instagram and in any case have a prior appointment with my lockdown choir master, Gareth Malone :woman_singer:

1 Like

Getting ready here, slightly impatiently…

We’re ordering an Indian takeaway from our favourite Indian, so expecting the Riesling to disappear by the end of the evening… :+1:

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

For anyone attending tonight (or anyone else for that matter), just a reminder there’s an Instagram Live with the winemaker of the Exhibition Sonoma Pinot, Claudia Schuetz of Schug winery, happening right now:

https://www.instagram.com/thewinesociety1874/

1 Like

Regrettably, we do have the proposed Society wines, but hoping to join you with an alternative Pinot Noir. Looking forward to ‘listening’ in to tonight’s conversation…

2 Likes

Oops!!! Regrettably, we do not have the Society wines…

1 Like

My wines arrived this afternoon too!

3 Likes

I only have the Riesling, it arrived last week; and I’ve just opened it…

2 Likes

Same. Riesling only.
I inadvertently drank the pinot and it’s replacement doesn’t come until next week. Will be interesting to see the notes here from people. I didnt write a lot of notes so need a reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to this - unusually for a Society staff member, one may think, this will be the first time I have tasted either wine.

3 Likes

Just opened the Riesling. It arrived this afternoon. Just in time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi this is our first time at one of these events, done a few in real life but never anything like this!

1 Like

Read to start

1 Like

Same, it’s was irresistible :yum:

Please do! What Pinot Noir is it that you’re trying?

1 Like