01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Fine Wine Collection 2022, Thursday 24th March, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening Community :smiley:

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual tasting of our Fine Wine Collection!

#TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Fine Wine Collection 2022, Thursday 24th March, 8-9pm

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

For this virtual taste-along, we’ve chosen a red wine and a white wine, both featured in our new Fine Wine Collection and we can’t wait to taste them along with you all!

The two wines we’ll be trying are:

Italy

Chianti Classico Riserva, Frattoria Montecchio 2016

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/chianti-classico-riserva-frattoria-montecchio-2016-prmum

USA

Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara Chardonnay 2019

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/au-bon-climat-santa-barbara-chardonnay-2019

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll just before 8pm to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Do add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the two or final thoughts.

And after that, if you want to continue chatting about the wines then please do!

We hope to see you tonight for this virtual tasting! :smiley: Feel free to start chatting below and we’ll get going officially at 8pm.

We’ll be starting this taste-along at 8pm! Who’s joining us tonight?

• I’m here, glass in hand!
  • I don’t have the wines, but I’m joining in anyway!

0 voters

Welcome to tonight’s #TWSTaste, themed around our Fine Wine Collection 2022!

Tonight, we’ll be kicking off by trying the Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara Chardonnay 2019. If you’ve got your glass poured, give it a swirl and a sniff and share your first thoughts with us. :smiley:

It’s great to be doing these again!

4 Likes

Thanks @ssmythe, glad you think so and great to have you along!

We two here agree! — Alright. Having a swirl…

1 Like

Glad to hear it, @tooby2!

Mrs CC and myself have just completed WSET level 2 so we are now in a position to give more detailed tasting notes

4 Likes

@Croquetchris Excellent news!

on the nose I get green apple (but more towards the softer end rather than granny smith), lemon, maybe apricot and then that hint of wood/bitterness I often get with whites aged in barrrel

3 Likes

my glass may be a bit too chilled but I’m struggling to get anything from a sniff!

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean about the wood/bitterness - I’m smelling it too and can’t quite put my finger on any more detail…

1 Like

Green apple towards the softer end is spot on! Also some apricot. - Some hint of sweet candy…?

2 Likes

glad I’m not just odd!

1 Like

Yes, we also just said: it is not that big on the nose.

1 Like

Ah, I poured mine a little while ago so it’s warmed up a bit - hopefully you get something soon!

ah yes, definitely agree on the candy hint

I’m getting vanilla

3 Likes