01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Drink Pink! Rosé, Thursday 18th June, 8-9pm

Ooh, have been interested to try that one!

2 Likes

Some smart Garnacha Rosado from Rioja here…

4 Likes

That is a great wine1

Interesting to see how it is holding up.

My apologies for the distinct lack of WIKI. I’m on holiday for the rest of week so I completely forgot! On the plus side, it’s our anniversary today so we’ll be celebrating with the 2015 of this!

13 Likes

Not too shabby @MrLaura

2 Likes

Snap!! My Rose too - a lovely, serious wine. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Miraval 2018 – Jolie-Pitt and Perrin (lol) Cotes de Provence

Been circling this one for a while and tonight’s the night! Still not got round to photos but the bottle is v stylish. The wine to look is such a pale rose, the colour of white nectarine flesh but transparent, with the very slightest hint of orange pink

9 Likes

Cheating a bit…had this before and know I like it, hopefully it’s as nice as usual.

7 Likes

Hello - looking forward to this tasting…

8 Likes

Well, I’ve been keeping it back deliberately. Meant to go to 10 years, but this seemed a good opportunity to pay proper attention. Smells great.

1 Like

Great photo! :star_struck:

1 Like

Very artistic!

1 Like

Is everyone ready to start? If so, swirl, sniff and share your thoughts on the aromas, colours and your first impressions!

And please start your post with the name of the wine you’re drinking :smiley:

1 Like

Cute bottle!

9 Likes

Going in…

8 Likes

No time’s the right time for rose in my book :rofl: Why not just have white? Much more interesting wines, no?

Fattoria La Vialla - organic - Tuscan, “rosaRosa” 2019

Strawberry all the way on the nose and in colour - beautiful light pink: like dentists mouthwash (with a different bouquet! lol), tiniest hint of apple and vanilla

3 Likes

Domaine de La Ribotte Bandol 2016

A bit of marmalade, quite meaty, very aromatic, quite complex with the bottle age coming through.

3 Likes

Marsannay Rose

If I had this completely blind, in an opaque glass and everything, I’d almost think it was a red Burgundy. Lots of redcurrant, red cherry, and forest floor. There’s a weird aniseed thing going on, almost tarragon like. And with 5 years bottle age, it smells meaty!

7 Likes