01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Drink Pink! Rosé, Thursday 18th June, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual Drink Pink! Rosé tasting.

If you’re planning to participate tonight then thank you - we’ve been hosting a virtual tasting each week since lockdown began!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

Rosé Wine Guide

If you’re new to rosé and would like to learn a little more before the tasting, have a read of our Ultimate Guide to Rosé Wine:

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have some of our staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@Ewan and @martin_brown - Two of our original Community crew and members of our Brand and Content Marketing Team
@hugofount - from our Brand and Content Marketing Team

Here’s how things will work:

1. We will post a WIKI (editable list) of who’s tasting what tonight. Have a look and, if you’re not on there, please do add yourself! You can do that by clicking the ‘Edit’ button in the bottom right of the post.
  2. We’ll also post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  3. We’re all drinking different bottles, so it might be hard to keep track. Whenever you post tonight, please start your post with the name of the wine you’re drinking!
  4. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  5. We’ll then taste the wines together and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  6. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, or final thoughts.

Please then feel free to continue chatting about the wines you’re drinking (we’ll likely be indulging in another glass anyway!)

Looking forward to tonight - we hope to ‘see’ you there! :smiley:

1 Like

Apologies - a bottle of Bin #005 arrived this morning (along with other goodies) and I just can’t resist seeing what all the fuss is about. I can’t pretend it’s pink…

3 Likes

Oooh exciting - let us know your thoughts!

2015 Domaine Langlois-Chateau, Cabernet de Saumur.

Found at the back of the wine fridge so no idea whether its a bit long in the tooth as it’s from 2015.
No worries we have a back up if it’s past it!

6 Likes

Great day for rosé :rofl: Trust the British climate…

Next week is looking like a completely different story though… :sunglasses:
At least down South…?!

What you’re saying is, we should do past it today and pink next week?

I did wonder in the now closed thread, why there’s such a strong feeling that rose should go with hot sunny weather? It seems much stronger than any season/weather association with any other wine…

1 Like

That’s part of my difficulty: I have a tempting bottle of Provençal rose eager to be drunk but it has 28C sun written all over it.

1 Like

Grim weather here and was all set to miss this week, but my partner found out just now she’s got a job she really wanted, so something celebratory is in order. I picked up a half bottle of Bollinger NV Rosé on offer at waitrose a few weeks ago, so we’ll have a glass and I’ll try to keep a bit back for 8pm! See you there, rain or… more rain.

9 Likes

No! Not at all! I think Rose is a wine for all seasons and weathers, personally! Just wanted to start a fight with @suiko :laughing:

That’s a joke too, of course!

2 Likes

Should have been Domaine Felines Jourdan Les Fruites Rose IGP Pays de l’Hérault 2019. But if a wine’s to be enjoyed it has to suit the mood.

So with @Aspedini influencing me this is waiting on the side.

9 Likes

Ha!!! Xinomavro is winning tonight! Pity I already drank my Kir- Yianni Xin rosé at the weekend… Nevermind though I have Maby Tavel to stand in . :star_struck:

5 Likes

I love rose and drink it all year round - is that un-PC? Red in any quantity (more than a glass) gives me a headache and too much white is … too much.

I’m afraid we’ve started already. Lovely evening in Suffolk…

12 Likes

We have just opened the Bouvet Saumur Rose Brut; a very pleasant start to the evening which has changed from rain to sunshine.

8 Likes

Tried to get a shot showing the colour properly with my cheapish phone… not too far off, though it’s not actually that washed out.

9 Likes

Well we’ve had a day of 13C , pouring rain on and off and I’ve lit the fire :fire:! However I still opened a Rosé :yum:

9 Likes

Le Ralle is from the Wine Society.
The Pays d’Herault is from Aldi and is one of the recommended wines in last week’s Times

4 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you for sharing your bottle shots! Welcome to tonight’s live Drink Pink! Rosé tasting.

Shall we do a quick poll and see who’s here?

• I’m here, with my rosé!
  • I’ve not got any rosé but I’m joining anyway.

0 voters

1 Like