01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Chianti Champions! Thursday 9th July, 8-9pm

We’re ready with the Frascole first

3 Likes

I’ve poured a glass of each and will smell and taste them together, the better to compare. However if the tasting is one then the other I shall keep the comparison comments until we’ve all had a go at both.

1 Like

Yes @Herbster, let’s start with the Chianti Rufina, Frascole 2016! If everyone is ready, please go ahead and pour, have a swirl and a sniff and let us know what you think!

1 Like

Much darker colour than the 2013.

2 Likes

I’m here, in holiday mode (but couldn’t miss out on this tasting obviously! :laughing: ) Frascole at the ready!!

2 Likes

Only the one bottle here but we’re ready…

3 Likes

Only managed the Exhibition Chianti, 2016

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m very excited for this evening! The long list of things I love to drink but don’t buy enough of has Chianti right towards the top, so this is a real pleasure!

6 Likes

Sweet-and-sour red-fruited nose, with rhubarb and pink-flavour sherbet dib-dab. Something lightly medicinal too, but it’s keeping a respectful distance from the fruit.

2 Likes

Exhibition Chianti Classico 2016

Herby or vegetal, raspberry jam, rather like garrigue scrub.

3 Likes

Rufina - loads of cherries on the nose, dusty very typical sangiovese notes

1 Like

Crikey - what’s that

3 Likes

Bright with a brown tinge.
First smell of damp herbs/wood. Dark fruits developing as we swirl. Didn’t decant or open early so expect aromas to develop.

1 Like

Cherries, yes, and dusty, yes. I like that dusty! Also something a bit more savoury and spicy.

4 Likes

Getting this as well, plus cherry liqueur

4 Likes

the smell of the wild South oif France!

cherries really are an Italian hallmark

4 Likes

Something from a Mediterranean-themed health spa.

3 Likes

Exhibition Chianti Classico 2016

Quite delicate on the nose, as yet - for me. Agree herby. Red fruits, hint of vanilla

2 Likes

I often get sage and (although I know it sounds too twee) oregano on young Chianti

3 Likes