01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Chianti Champions! Thursday 9th July, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE Chianti Champions virtual tasting.

If you’re planning to participate tonight then thank you - this event is in celebration of our Wine Champions’ 20th Anniversary!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

We’ve chosen two chiantis which were both winners in our Wine Champions blind tasting back in February - and tonight, we’ll be comparing and contrasting them!

The wines we’ll be trying are:

Chianti Rufina, Frascole 2016 (now sold out)

Chianti Classico, Castello La Leccia 2016 (now sold out)

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have lots of staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@laura - Community Manager
@Ewan and @martin_brown - two of our original Community crew and members of our Brand and Content Team
@hugofount - from our Brand and Content Marketing Team
@MrLaura - from Member Services

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the two or final thoughts.

And after that, if people want to continue chatting about the wines then please do!

Can’t wait for tonight’s tasting and to try these wines! See you all there! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thursdays aren’t so great for me any more, and I’ll probably be rather late joining this if at all, but I do have the wines, so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Have only managed the exhibition Chianti 2016…hope its OK to join with only this…

4 Likes

@mjamezz13 Please do! :blush:

Oh no, sorry to hear that @Herbster! Fingers crossed, but otherwise let us know how you find the wines when you open them!

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one (definitely a red wine sort of evening this week), got one of my best friends down staying with me at the moment who’s favourite wine is chianti so couldn’t be better timing for this. Also it gives me an excuse to open two bottles of wine which I wouldn’t normally do for just myself.

3 Likes

We’ll be there for 8pm

1 Like

Sad to be missing out this time. Enjoy everyone!

I shall be here with the Frascole and the substitute Exhibition Classico. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Chao!
Looking forward to this evenings tastings.
Just wondering if we should open the bottles now or wait until the fun starts?

1 Like

gonna open mine in a few mins

I’ve opened the Frascole…

We decanted one of ours and had the other one open, but no problem if you haven’t opened yet!

Hope you can join for the next one @Andrew20!

Hello everyone, just going to do a quick poll to see who is here!

• I’m here!
  • I’m lurking…

0 voters

1 Like

I’m here for now, but may have to shoot off at any moment to feed another mouth :shallow_pan_of_food:

3 Likes

Is it the Frascole we’re kicking off with…?

2 Likes

Chianti in glass, spaghetti in the pan and football on the Tele. Just have to ignore the family now.
Frascole here too.

2 Likes