Good afternoon/evening everyone!
Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual Bring A Bottle: Community Christmas Party tasting, and our last #TWSTaste of the year!
The theme is: ‘What bottle would you bring to a Christmas party, but secretly wish you’d kept for yourself?’ - thanks to @Andrew20 for the brilliant suggestion!
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide ‘How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’
Here’s how things will work:
- We will post a WIKI (editable list) of who’s tasting what tonight. Have a look and, if you’re not on there, please do add yourself! You can do that by clicking the ‘Edit’ button in the bottom right of the WIKI post.
- We’ll also post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi, post bottle photos and start chatting before we start.
- We’re all drinking different bottles, so it might be hard to keep track. Whenever you post tonight, please start your post with the name of the wine you’re drinking!
- To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
- We’ll then taste the wines together and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
- After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, or final thoughts.
Please then feel free to continue chatting about the wines you’re drinking and send any well-wishes for Christmas! We’ll likely be indulging in another glass anyway.
Who’s on hand to help tonight
We have some of our staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)
We’re very much looking forward to tonight, and seeing which bottles you’ve all chosen to bring to this virtual Christmas Party! We hope to ‘see’ you there, for our last #TWSTaste of 2020!