01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Bring A Bottle: Community Christmas Party, Thursday 16th December, 8pm-9pm

Hello everyone :smiley:

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE ‘Bring A Bottle’ virtual tasting for our Community Christmas Party!

The theme is: bring any bottle you like and come and taste along with us and your fellow members for our last TWSTaste of 2021!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide ‘How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Here’s how things will work:

1. Just before 8pm tonight, we’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi, post bottle photos and start chatting before we start.
  2. We’re all drinking different bottles, so whenever you post tonight, please start your post with the name of the wine you’re drinking!
  3. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Feel free to take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  4. We’ll then taste the wines together and ask you to share your own tasting note. Feel free to add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  5. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, or final thoughts.

Please then feel free to continue chatting about the wines you’re drinking and send any well-wishes for Christmas! We’ll likely be indulging in another glass anyway.

We’re really looking forward to tonight, and seeing which bottles you’ve all chosen to bring to this virtual Christmas Party! We hope to see you later!
:smiley:

6 Likes

Good evening Community - our Christmas party will be starting in 10 minutes! I will leave a poll below - let us know if you are joining in :smiley:

• I’m ready, glass in hand!
  • I can’t make it this time - enjoy!

0 voters

Joining with some fizz tonight.

6 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for joining @szaki1974 :slight_smile:

I’m half here. Disorganised. Again. Searching for something suitable.

1 Like

:joy: Thanks @Lewis, hope you find something suitable to open!

Ok, we will begin!

For anyone lurking out there or any new members of the Community, this topic is our Community Christmas party and you are all welcome to join in at any time!

Just find a bottle of something nice that you’d like to try tonight with your fellow members, and let us know what you think of it!

This one while watching the football. Might upgrade if NUFC win :crossed_fingers::laughing:

8 Likes

Having been in Madeira for 11 days and only just got back last night we are taking it a bit easy today. Also we drank quite a lot. We have gone for an 11.5% 2019 Cote from Domaine Tariquet

4 Likes

We’ll begin by pouring your wine of choice - please give it a swirl and a sniff and let us know your first thoughts!

Feel free to share any photos as we go along - and as we’re all trying different bottles, please start your posts with the name of the wine you’re drinking!

We all hope you can upgrade, but…

2 Likes

HI @brenda and @Croquetchris - thanks for joining :smiley:

The Triple Zero is my first bottle of the most recent release, must be 2017 base wine, but forgot.

Smells like underripe apple granita.

6 Likes

Haven’t heard of this one before. Where is it from @szaki1974 ?

Completely with you on NUFCBrenda, though I think I am fairly confident I will be sticking with this….

Just as I type Shelvey has scored……!!!

6 Likes

Mrs CC: Domaine Tariquet Cote 2019 - lots of pear drop, grassy and hint of jute sacking in the background,

3 Likes

Loire sparkling, Chenin Blanc.

1 Like

Jean Louis Tissot Poulsard 2016 Arbois for me. Lovely light ruby colour in the glass, fresh red berry and floral nose.

13 Likes

Lovely, hi @NickFoster :slight_smile:

1 Like

@szaki1974 Thanks, will look out for it (depending on your tasting note)