Good afternoon/evening Community!
Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual tasting of two Alpine white wines.
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events
We’ve chosen two white wines featured in our current ‘All the colours of France’ campaign and we wanted to take this opportunity to try them together!
The wines we’ll be trying tonight are:
1. Chignin, Vers les Alpes, Jean-Françcois Quénard 2020
2. Roussette du Bugey-Montagnieu, Altesse Domaine Peillot 2019
Who’s on hand to help tonight
We have some staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)
Here’s how things will work:
- We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
- To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
- We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Do add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
- After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the two or final thoughts.
And after that, if you want to continue chatting about the wines then please feel free!