01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Alpine Whites! Thursday 22nd April, 8-9pm

Good afternoon/evening Community!

Welcome to tonight’s LIVE virtual tasting of two Alpine white wines.

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting and what the tasting involves, have a read of our guide 'How To - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events

We’ve chosen two white wines featured in our current ‘All the colours of France’ campaign and we wanted to take this opportunity to try them together!

The wines we’ll be trying tonight are:

1. Chignin, Vers les Alpes, Jean-Françcois Quénard 2020

2. Roussette du Bugey-Montagnieu, Altesse Domaine Peillot 2019

Who’s on hand to help tonight

We have some staff attending tonight, so please feel free to use the below usernames and tag any of us if you need a hand (and if you’re new to The Community, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!)

@laura - Community Manager
@Kelly - Community Co-ordinator
@MrLaura - one of our wine advisers in Member Services

Here’s how things will work:

1. We’ll post a poll to see who’s here - please let us know, and feel free to say hi and start chatting before we start.
  2. To begin, we’ll invite you all to pour a glass, have a swirl and take in the aromas, and post your thoughts and first impressions. Take your time and have a good swirl and sniff.
  3. We’ll then taste the wines together, one by one and ask you to share your own tasting note. Do add any additional food matches and/or your thoughts on how well the wine is drinking now, and how much longer it might age. Anything goes, and there are no wrong answers!
  4. After this, we’ll possibly have time to ask for your mark out of 10, favourite wine of the two or final thoughts.

And after that, if you want to continue chatting about the wines then please feel free!

We can’t wait to try these wines and we’re looking forward to seeing you there! :smiley: Feel free to start chatting below and we’ll get going officially at 8pm.

2 Likes

They’re in the fridge!

3 Likes

Same here :+1: Really looking forward to the tasting!

We’ll be making our version of Croziflette with Diots; Les Crozets, Reblochon etc. all the same as original recipe, but the the Diots will be replaced by a Spanish sausage. Plus a veggie version for the daughter.

Bring it on! :grin:

6 Likes

Yep, our bottles are ready to go … if we can hold out till eight o’clock :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

both bottles chilled alongside a couple of classic ham sandwiches

3 Likes

I am going to sit and grump at my poor life choices.

“stop buying wine” he said, “it’ll be good for you”.

5 Likes

Which one will we start with? I took the Chignin out from the fridge…

2 Likes

We’ll start with the Chignin @szaki1974 :smiley:

Not able to join tonight. Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks @Andrew20, we’ll miss you!

:muscle:

4 Likes

I’m not going to make it tonight … Mr Leah had made an early return after 10 weeks :heart_eyes: !
I’ll save the wines and read through another day :slightly_smiling_face::grin:.

9 Likes

I have just taken mine out of the fridge too…

2 Likes

How lovely, have a nice evening @Leah!

2 Likes

Good good, bottle photo? :smiley:

We’ll get started at 8pm - let’s do a quick poll first to see who is joining us:

• I’m ready to taste!
  • I’m lurking…
  • I don’t have the wines but I’ll join in anyway.

0 voters

Just been cooking prawns, Chignin open…

1 Like

@PaulM Lovely!

Let’s get started! Welcome Community and thank you for joining our #TWSTaste of two alpine whites!

We’ll start with the Chignin, Vers les Alpes, Jean-Françcois Quénard 2020 - pour your glass, give it a swirl and a sniff and let us know your first impressions of colours and aromas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful light golden

2 Likes