01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Lidl whilst stocks last bargain

Just a heads up for anyone interested, 2 Owc’s of Pape Clement currently plonked on the floor of Brighton Lidl, also available in Lidl newhaven

Ps: I was served a bottle of the PC blind today, I’m not a particularly accomplished taster, but on the nose was certain that it was a fine Bordeaux and on tasting I guessed it as a good saint emilion grand cru from a decent recent vintage so not too far off, drinking well now but has a certain tautness and will definitely improve, fantastic value.

Yes- it is fantastic
5 bottles bought yesterday. Must be the best value wine I’ve ever bought.

We had this Syrah this evening - an astonishing value for money! So glad we got a couple more bottles left! Lovely nose of blackcurrant, black cherries, smoked bacon and black pepper, with a delicious juicy palate of ripe black fruit, smoked meat and spice. Nothing in-your-face, and perhaps not much complexity, but a flavoursome wine nevertheless! :wine_glass::ok_hand:

The Marquis Du Terme has finally put in an appearance at Lidl in Newark. Hoping some of the others find their way to the Midlands in the weeks ahead…

Cirencester Lidl had some Pape de Clement and Marquis de Terme on Friday