01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Letter box wine bottles

Se I see from this article in the Guardian that a flat plastic wine bottle has been produced that will fit a letter box .

2 Likes

This bottle was launched more than a year ago to widespread indifference. It’s only the current situation that has brought it to the newspapers.

Not really sure of the advantage when one is currently restricted to the anonymous bulk wines that are available, when TWS, Majestic etc will deliver cases of normal bottles, and one can order wine in ones supermarket order (if one can get a slot).

1 Like

All joking apart, in the 21st century we should be using something other than glass for the majority of wines drunk weekly. Similarly square-section bottles for finer wines would make for more efficient transport but there seems no appetite to change ‘posh’ wine into anything other than the current style. Square section bottles would even store more effectively too.

4 Likes

Hexagonal ones too.

Even standardisation on one “normal” bottle shape would help considerably with stacking, and would make bottle reuse (not just recycling) a lot easier if we stick with glass.

4 Likes

This wasn’t at all bad, though I swear there was only 3 litres in it.
Would work for a dog flap

7 Likes

7 Likes

Odd, that. Even odder, I found the same thing with 5 litre B-i-B containers. I must find a 10 litre one to try out.

2 Likes

You can have too much of a good thing. When I lived on my own before i got married I thought it would be a good idea to make my own wine. I made a gallon from a boots wine kit. I put it in a Demijohn prior to putting it into bottles. It never got into bottles. I would have a glass whenever i felt like it which was too often. I never did it again.

2 Likes