01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

It's beginning to look a lot like ... Christmas press tasting!

christmas

On Thursday 27th September our Christmas press tasting is happening at 67 Pall Mall. We’ll be previewing around 75 wines from the Christmas List and other mailings to be made between 28th September and end December. I’ll be there, one of two of the buyers will be in attendance, as will @laura, together with the crème de la crème of the UK wine-writing scene.

@Alchemist is already down to be there (I hope you can still come, Matt), but he’ll be lonely on his own, and so we’re going to add two more Community members to the guest list.

If you’re free on that day between 10am and 3:30pm, would like to be there and would be happy to write up your impressions, or share that task with your fellow attending Community members, then please let me know below before 12 noon on Friday 31st August. We’ll draw lots and announce the lucky two in the afternoon of the same day.

For the sake of fairness previous attendees will not be included (sorry @woodap, @leah, @inbar, @Nowt_in_my_glass, @szaki1974 and @wamt74) but I’m sure they’ll be able to provide guidance :slightly_smiling_face:

What’s in your basket? (2 Oct)

Yes please, Ewan!

How do I change my name on here?? :joy::wink:

More seriously, this is a wonderful opportunity to taste a number of very good wines in a much more relaxed atmosphere than your standard walk around tasting.

Wholeheartedly recommend to all.

Yes, please include me in the draw!

I second that! It is such a fun day, and the opportunity to taste a serious amount of great wine is a real privilege! Not to mention a chance to meet fellow fanatics… erm… members.
If you’re free - there’s no excuse not to put your name down!! :grin:

Don’t worry @woodap, I’ll edit the post :rofl::rofl::+1:

If only there were some way of an admin like myself not to undo misguided edits … :wink:

I would love to get this opportunity - please count me in!

Haha @Ewan, as IF I would… But you know, if anyone were to come down with bubonic plague… I would be HAPPY to step in…:rofl:

I would looooove to be there!!!

Please include me in the draw, sounds great!

Whoever wins you will have THE BEST time! Honestly, it’s one of the, if not the best day you’ll have in wine :blush::blush::blush:

Would love to come!

@Ewan Very much looking forward to the tasting and meeting up with you, Laura and a couple of other community members.

75 wines… santa has arrived early this year! :star_struck:

You’ve clearly been a very good boy! :wink:

I would love to go - please include me for the draw!

Yes please Ewan - count me in.

Regarding @Ewan and his suggestion of guidance - You’re in the privileged position of having 3-4 masters of wine and highly qualified, knowledgeable buyers who have been at the coal-face giving you 1-2-1 or 1-2-2 guided tastings and access to decades of potential accumulated knowledge!

Definitely pre-plan some questions! (and don’t spit the pricey stuff :wink:)

Please add my name to the draw Ewan - thank you.