01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Is Christmas coming too early?

We all know the supermarkets are usually starting early to milk the Christmas consumption extravaganza. Sure enough M&S have already started selling the musical tin houses full of shortbread, in the hope to replicate the success of last year’s musical Christmas tree.

But TWS? (don’t ask how I found these…)

https://www.thewinesociety.com/searchProducts.aspx?q=christmas&hPP=15&idx=products_price_desc&p=0&dFR[type][0]=Mixed%20Cases&is_v=1

Just remember…

xmas too early

6 Likes

Even with the rule of 6, we need 12 bottles for Christmas day?

3 Likes

Start early, drink slowly, finish late and you’ll still be upright.

Except that in our house of six, already maxed out, there are only two people old enough to drink…

4 Likes

Just follow this advice:

Start early, drink slowly, finish late and you’ll still be upright.

4 Likes

I’m sold. It’s in the basket :+1:

3 Likes

Ha, we’re already in local lockdown, no mixing outside the family.
Anyway, looks like i’ll be on my ear, just me and the 2 kids this year with Mr. Leah offshore. Hic Hiccup :rofl:

4 Likes

You’d best pick up a case for the day too!

2 Likes

case of 12 then for xmas day :rofl:

sorry to hear pants news…

1 Like

Oh no, @Leah! I hope by then maybe some of the local lockdowns might have eased so you can see other family/friends!

:rofl: Very well spotted! These are a few mixed cases for the new List which is launching very, very soon… No reindeers were harmed! :wink:

4 Likes

I plan to go retro “absolutely fabulous” & drink Champagne all day :joy::see_no_evil:

Will see what happens, thanks @laura

4 Likes

Christmas as normal then :santa:

1 Like

We always go to Meeting For Worship on Christmas day morning and then have a late lunch. Theres just 2 of us and we limit ourselves to one bottle of wine.

3 Likes

You all will be in my thoughts, I did around 40% of Christmas’s, NY’s, Birthdays and Anniversary’s at work; either in a Laboratory or Offshore/Abroad.
The time off is terrific, but leaving home on occasion to do Christmas & New Year was hard to bear. :cry:
But the elation of coming home, was fantastic and a belated Christmas Day with no little imagination could be great fun!! Explaining to friends that without the likes of us, there would be no gas to roast the turkey with or lights for the Christmas tree; was a concept until then; not seriously considered.
Excepting the efforts of doctors, nurses, police, fire brigade, TV & Radio staff, vets, utility & offshore workers to mention just a few; Christmas just could not happen. :dragon:

7 Likes