01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

iNSTAGRAM WINE SOCIETY PAGE

Nice photo of French village in Burgundy . But where is it?

I could be off the mark, but that looks like Vosne Romanee to me.

4 Likes

Hi Leah
Your right I looked Vosne-Romanée up on wikipedia and your right. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

yep! and the building inf front of the church tower is DRC. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I wish people would not use initials. What does DRC mean? I have found out but it has taken time. “Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, often abbreviated to DRC , is an estate in Burgundy, France that produces white and red wine.It is widely considered among the world’s greatest wine producers, and DRC bottles are among the world’s most expensive.”
The problem with putting initials is that we know what they mean but anone else, including the public who may be reading it, will not.

Just curious, had you heard of the producer before looking up the initials?

1 Like

It’s been a couple years since I was there, couldn’t believe the tiny plots of DRC literally btwn houses :joy:. If I’m not mistaken the main village road is just below the graveyard too . I must dig out my photos . Obvs DRC wouldn’t open the door to me :tired_face::tired_face:!

1 Like

NO .I put DRC into search and wikipedia has a list of what DRC means

Follows a long list Democratic Republic of Congo followed by the wine producer.

1 Like

Using Google maps i have visited Vosne Romanee amd using the facility of following the roads at road level with the extensive photos i have toured round the village and on the outskirts thereare fields and fields of vines growing the grapes for the wine.

1 Like

like many things - much nicer in the flesh !

I know, the use of TLA’s is terrible.

in my quest to be ever helpful - in search engines put all the info you know so I would have put “DRC burgundy vosne romanee”…approx 2 seconds later you have your answer :slight_smile:

From a visit in 2018. Just a very low wall to prevent you hopping over and picking a bunch of the worlds most expensive grapes if the mood took you…

4 Likes

The Littlehampton Academy? Abbreviations can lend themselves to misunderstandings and are sometimes not ideal, imho.

There was a time when life in the DRC was much cheaper than a glass of DRC. I hope it’s no longer the case.

2 Likes