01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Inbetweeners Offer

Took a look at this offer and there are some good wines to be had.
But I keep being drawn back to the '16 Rhone remainders list.
I see that the '16 Pallieres has all been snapped up.

A wine that some may not be familiar with is the “La Rosine” 2016 from Ogier.

This is a “new” area but in fact was in production up until the 1st WW.
I think the Romans may have planted there.
It is all but in name, a junior Cote Rotie.
Jeb Dunnuck scored it 89-91 and said that it should easily end up being in the “outstanding” category. I won’t do all the work for you, so look back to Marcel’s Opening Offer 2016 notes and see what he wrote? JL-L also gave it a good write up!
This wine is similar to that of Les Lezardes from Rostaing, the 2014 which I am just finishing was quite delicious.
And the best bit is that it is ready to drink, when delivered.
Ogier La Rosine 2016 £70 ib

For me a bit of a no brainer, I bought the '15 & '16 to help fill in, whilst waiting for the bigger beasts from those exalted vintages to come on stream. Well, that’s my plan, anyway!!

Indeed - La Rosine is an excellent and dependable wine. Without looking it up, I believe it comes from Ogier’s plots adjoining Cote Rotie, and maybe also from young vines in CR itself. Also, it ages well (I have a few bottles of 2004 left and it is excellent).

These are fine words to read on a drab day - I got allocated a six-pack of the 2016 Rosine and the 2015 Lezards, and they were both a bit of a punt, to be honest, as I had no experience of either.

The wait begins…! :clinking_glasses:

I’m not sure I’ve seen this one, can someone post a link?

This is the Rhône 2016 EP remaining stock on the website.

No, the ‘inbetweeners’ offer?

Here ya go:

Thank you…

Sorry, my mistake, I also did not see that offer. Interesting wines.

I see the Viognier, La Rosine Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes, Domaine Ogier is also still available.
Any thoughts on the white @Taffy-on-Tour ?

Not tried it, but JL-L gives it a very good write up and 3.5 stars.

@winechief
I took a .look at Marcel’s notes and he was quite enthusiastic about it.
At £72 for 6 bottles in bond for a Condrieu lookalike does seem like terrific value.