01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Inbar's Chipolte and Rosemary roasted nuts

Here’s the recipe for the Chipotle nuts (serves 8-10, but more like 2-3 in our house!):

Chipotle and Rosemary roasted nuts (this was given to me by an American friend, so excuse American measures)

Ingredients:

3 Cups whole roasted unsalted cashews
2 Cups whole walnuts (halved)
2 Cups whole pecan (halved)
1/2 cups whole blanched almonds
1/3 cups maple syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 teaspoons chipotle paste
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Rock salt

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180C
Brush a large baking tray generously with vegetable oil
Combine the nuts + 2 tablespoons of orange juice + maple syrup + brown sugar + chipotle paste in a bowl, then transfer to the tray. Make sure all nuts are coated evenly. Add 2 or so tablespoon of the chopped rosemary and 2 teaspoons of the salt and toss again.

Spread the nuts in one layer. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large metal spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 1 more tablespoon of rosemary and 2 more teaspoon of salt

Mix well, then set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent the nuts sticking as they cool down. Taste for seasoning.

Store in an airtight container when completely cool.

These are utterly moreish with a good English sparkling wine. Or any sparkling wine, to be fair! :smiley:

PS- I also add pistachios to the mix!

Recipes for wine lovers - WIKI
Christmas hamper wine recommendations?

They sound delicious! Thanks a lot. But unless I’ve misread the recipe, the orange juice doesn’t get used- is it a typo with the vegetable oil?

Indeed! So sorry!.. Long day… :crazy_face:
Should be orange juice, not veg oil. Now amended :+1:

I love this sort of thing, thank you. What temp would you have the oven?