01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

I love the Wine Society website, but

The political geography also seems odd. Madeira is not listed under Portugal, but as an independent country. And Serbia is not in Europe but in ‘rest of world’.

Hm! Interesting! But surely there’s a difference between political geography and geography per se?
Will the England entry move from ‘other Europe’ to ‘Rest of World’ come April? :thinking:

I am a victim of my buying and placing in reserves.
I would like to see my reserves arranged by Region.
So,
Northern Rhone
Hermitage
Cote Rotie
Cornas
St Joseph
Southern Rhone
CH9dP
Gigondas
etc
You get the picture.
At the moment it is a bit of a mess. I have tried to use the drop downs at the top of the page, they aren’t sufficient for my requirements and even if they were, you cannot “save” them.
No little job for the IT dept., but one that would be appreciated even if we had to buy a couple of “Big Blue” machines to make it happen!!:open_mouth: LoL!!

Not worth starting another thread so will insert here.
Just a query for the WS, in this months Decanter two wines from TWS are reviewed, on eis a Cava Juve &Camps GS and the other is Ch Ste-Eulalie Minervois La Liviniere 2016, neither are in the WS lists. This is a recurring theme, over the last year at least a dozen wines reviewed have never appeared, I only followed this because one was of interest but it was not in the lists either, only one wine was available in that time when I checked.
Now of course it could be those wines had sold out as I have not seen any of them appear later, if they have sold out or are of limited stock there is not much point putting them up for review as no one can purchase, is there another reason this keeps happening ?, the Ste- Eulalie could be of course the follow on vintage as the current stock is 2015 but that would ot have applied to the other wines.

I can answer this one.

Decanter forewarns merchants of what wines are to be featured in a forthcoming edition. We get an email four weeks before publication with a list of all the wines they will be featuring (I’ve just responded to their next one, where I’ve added us in as a stockist for some wines, removed us for others and tweaked some prices). They also ask the producers about who stocks their wines in the UK.

We should, therefore, be reasonably up-to-date and the magazine should carry the correct info. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, though. In the case of the Juve y Camps, that went out of stock far quicker than we expected. The Minervois was our error - they stated the Grand Vin (which we will be selling, just not right now) and we gave the info for the Cantilène version. Hands up, my error.

I have missed the Decanter deadline a couple of times, so they have gone with the producer info instead. Sometimes a producer has sold us wine in the past, and so they tell Decanter that we are a stockist - even if it wasn’t that particular wine!

So if the information is wrong, it is either down to me or, as is often the case, down to a writer pushing back the deadline so the info request doesn’t come through to us in time.

I hope that clarifies things, and my school report currently contains the words ‘could do better’. You’ll see improvements in future.

Another example here.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: TWS Calvados

Thanks. We too monitor our mentions in the press. The example you mention here was due to higher demand than forecast on that wine. We don’t get it right every time.

And another:

Juvé & Camps, Gran Reserva 2013,.

WS listed as stockists in 12/18 Decanter.

From Ewan above:

“In the case of the Juve y Camps, that went out of stock far quicker than we expected”

Thanks Tom, missed that.

Yes, that one’s already been mentioned above.