01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Hello! :) Introduce yourself

Just wonder if the section on monarchy v republic could be transferred to a separate thread so as not to put off or confuse anyone wanting to introduce themselves here?

2 Likes

I agree it was a serious thread drift - though interesting enough to have its own thread. Thanks for the prompt :wink:

3 Likes

Good to see another Northamptonshire bibber on here :innocent:

Has it applied to become part of Yorkshire? I must have missed that.

Just how many gods are there then?

Any anyway, everyone knows that god’s own county is Sussex! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Google it!

Wales and Yorkshire both claim to have naming rights on ‘god’s own country/county🙂

2 Likes

Oh no it isn’t!! (well it is pantomime season after all) :blush:

2 Likes

We’re keeping a low profile at the moment. Our Duke has rather let the side down.

3 Likes

Where’s Henry the 7th when you need him?

2 Likes

There’s only one bona fide god’s own county, and it’s certainly not any of the ones above!

In the place of his birth in Wales :wink:

Barry John?

Hi everyone, new forum member here, I didn’t realise there was one until recently :roll_eyes:. I have been a WS member since about 2009. I have been lucky enough to taste some great wines on my business and leasure travels, but now I am retired so I am a little more restrained. I have been buying Bordeaux (mainly Margaux) and Rhone en-primeur since 2010 and enjoy exploring how the vintages differ each year. Aside from those I am currently interested in wines from Spain, Portugal and Australia as I like full-bodied reds. I did have a WS cellar plan for a few years and so that has built up quite a stock, some kept at home and quite a bit in storage at the WS. I live in West Sussex and have always loved travelling, often with a wine theme.
Anyway am pleased I finally found the forum so that I can talk to like minded folk.
Paul

33 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

With you on Margaux but also very fond of almost neighbouring Moulis. And St Estephe and Pauillac…

1 Like

Greetings from East Sussex - or rather, Brighton and Hove county! :grin:

With you on the travelling… all I need is more money and less work and that’s all I’d do… Looking forward to reading your wine-related thoughts, and welcome to this fabulous community! :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Thank you all for the kind comments and likes.

Best wishes

Paul

5 Likes

Welcome, @Paul-AC12, great to have you on this Community with us!

2 Likes