01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Hello! :) Introduce yourself

introductions
welcome

Welcome @Embee, great to have you here! Looking forward to hearing about all your wine recommendations and discoveries.

Thanks Leah, i’m very much looking forward to joining in the various conversations. The weekend drinking thread seems like a great place to start, here goes…

Oh, there isn’t one as yet. Later then !

Welcome. There is some ‘guff’ hereabouts but some real insightful stuff too.

that would probably be from the Allan Cheesman era at Sainsbury’s. One of my wine heros and a man who did much to improve the UK wine market.

Why don’t you start one??

Thanks for the welcome. And yes. I have lot to thank Allan Cheeseman for too. My bank manager might disagree though.

OK, i’ll give it a go. The only way to gain confidence is to practice !

Exactly :+1:! Looking forward to hearing what you are drinking this weekend :wink:!

@Embee. … and cycling ( actively and passively ).
Does that involve sitting at the back on a tandem?

Haha, not as yet but i’m quite happy to suck a wheel or two !

Hi there. My name’s Ed. I’ve realised that I’ve contributed to a number of conversations without actually introducing myself.

I’m a teacher in Glasgow, married with one child who is five years old. I’m a bit of a rookie when it comes to wine buying, but I’ve recently passed my WSET level 2, and thoroughly enjoying learning more and more.

I’m wondering if there are any wine gatherings among members in Glasgow. Always keen to join in, child care permitting!

Welcome, Ed! :smiley:

This would be a great topic for our local tasting groups category - we don’t have any Scottish groups currently and I’d love to help you start one if there are Glasgow-based members lurking here!

Hi Laura,

Many thanks.

It would be great to start a local tasting group. I’ll have a look at the info on the local tasting groups page.

Congratulations: New Member(s) of the Month

Ed. Unsure of the etiquette but there is the occasional offline in Glasgow on another UK Wine forum. You may also want to consider the festival of wine events in Glasgow in June and Edinburgh in November

The Wine Society will have a table at the Fratival of Wine in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, as we always do :relaxed:

See you there! (I will probably be at the dinner at Cail Bruich the night before the Glasgow event.)

I’m going to Edinburgh this year too :wink:!

Look forward to seeing you both!

On second thoughts … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

Grand. Thanks for this. Will look into it!

Great. I’ll need to come visit the society table!