01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Hallo-wine competition: share your wine-themed pumpkins to win Devil's Corner Pinot Noir

competition

Halloween is just around the corner, and if you love this spooky celebration as much as I do, I hope you’ll enjoy this very daft wine-themed pumpkin carving competition. :smile:

(I appreciate it’s a bit of a marmite holiday, so if you’re not a Halloween fan, I apologise in advance, and please feel free to mute this topic.)

Happy Hallo-wine! Share your wine-themed pumpkin carvings and you could win a bottle of Devil’s Corner Tasmanian Pinot Noir

I’ve seen how creative you all are, and I’m certain a few of you have carved your own pumpkin designs before, so I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

The rules are simple:

• Grab a pumpkin and (being VERY careful!) carve your own wine-themed lantern design.
  • Post a photo of it to this topic. (It has to be your own work!)
  • You have until midday on November 1st to post your photograph.
  • The Community team will pick a winner based on what we feel is the most creative design. :jack_o_lantern:
  • The prize is a bottle of Devil’s Corner Tasmanian Pinot Noir (shamelessly picked for its spooky name - but it is an absolutely GORGEOUS pinot which we think you’ll love):
  • Terms and Conditions can be found here

Who’s up for this? :smiley:

Since I probably can’t win anyway, here’s some inspiration from my past endeavours with my kids :slight_smile:

(the first one is PigVader from Angry Birds a few years ago as my son was really into it)

Sending_darth_pig

I realise these aren’t wine themed … but just showing off the drawing and carving skills to inspire you :slight_smile:

There’s a whole load of drunkin pumpkins outside my house :rofl:

Loaf ! it’s not only drunken pumpkins ! and what is Santa doing getting in on the act we haven’t even had Guy Fawkes night, don’t tell me he is on the other side out of shot, busy household Leah…:joy:

Honestly …, it’s nearly the end of half term and I hardly remember my own name :woman_facepalming:t3:. Santa’s been there for 2 years now bless him :rofl:!!

Brilliant!! Love it :slight_smile:

Amazing, @Leah!! :joy: I genuinely laughed out loud when I saw this. Great work!

We’ve had quite a few entries by email as well (we always allow these in case any members don’t fancy joining the Community but still want to join in) and one has allowed me to post their entry here:

They have their own Facebook page with lots of designs! :jack_o_lantern:

This competition’s a bit niche, isn’t it? :see_no_evil: Anyone else planning on taking part?

Haha that’s great ! I love it ! I’ve had quite a lot of people stopping to have a good look :rofl:!

When does this need to be posted by? (frantically working on last-minute idea)

Midday the 1st… lots of time , have a glass of wine :wink::wine_glass:

Not mine but one of many posted to me this morning…

Capturepk

Hehehe these are great :+1:! I’m not sure how many children would trick and treat my house if I put these two in the garden :rofl::rofl:.

I may not be allowed to win but hoping for an honourable mention at least for late night cork drilling and threading

(gets candle debut later)

Hahaha this is great @robert_mcintosh! I quite fancy a witches hat like that myself :rofl::skull::skull:

And here she is, welcoming guests and itinerant Society drivers bringing Halloween goodies:

:skull::skull::skull:

Brilliant! :ghost:

We had a witch and a pirate out on the prowl too. Plus Batman of course…!

The dinosaur & witch were mine :+1:, the pirate I reckon will cause heartache in the future for the witch :rofl:! I think he’s awesome right now though and they all love each other :grimacing::wink:xx

Meet my Pumpkin Trump… he’s being fired!
More whine than wine :wink:
Apologies to American friends

I love a bit of pumpkin covfefe.