01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Guerrilla tasting #4: Bordeaux blend - France Vs South Africa. 28 November 2019

But you’re right there’s precious little other info out there. Maybe ask Laura if Tim Sykes can give any info?

Bit of a laugh as I looked around; numerous sights selling the wine (including French ones) describing it as from the “appellation Pomerol”, and even a couple of sights calling it a “Crianza wine”!

Thanks @MikeFranklin

@SykoWino, any chance you could provide a little more detail on this chateau for our guerrilla tasting?

@laura ,

I’m sure he’s a very busy man, but I’ve not heard anything back yet, nearly 2 weeks later. Any chance you might bump into him in the halls of power and pass along my query?

Thanks

Hello! Sorry about that - I don’t think Tim checks here all that often and he’s been away for a bit too I think (I missed the original request or I’d have told you sooner - my bad!)

Let me see what I can find out - and in the meantime, there’s a brief grower profile on our site:

:smiley:

Guerilla tasting series [WIKI]

Thanks,

Yes, TWS has more info on Château de la Commanderie than the grand total available on the web :slight_smile:

Otherwise there’s just a bit of blurb in French and an old postcard picture. Can’t even find it on Googlemaps!

We will have to let the wine speak for itself…

Hi guys, I just spoke to Tim - we don’t really have much more info than the grower profile, I’m afraid. It’s not really a property we go out and visit. So I hope what you’ve got will be enough, and as @szaki1974 says, the wine should hopefully speak for itself. :wink:

Thanks so much for chasing for me.

We will have to see :slight_smile:

What time’s kick-off on Thursday?

Today is the last day for ordering wine for Thursday delivery…

Around 8pm, but need to check on my domestic arrangements.

Live tasting will be here