01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Greek Inquirer

Hello @Jimmybob and all. They’re not sold out, simply set up on the site in a way where you ‘pre order’ them as the packs don’t live in our warehouse.

For anyone interested, they are still available.

Thanks,
Anna

1 Like

Oh dear, it seems now it does say out of stock. I will get this sorted as soon as possible this morning.

Thanks,
Anna

4 Likes

I am assuming hoping that this means there will be more of these types of events to come.

3 Likes

It certainly does :slight_smile:

And they’re back online! Sorry everyone!

5 Likes

Thanks Anna. Ordered!

1 Like

I doubt that, as it is done by an external provider (now we know). However, how else can I taste 6 Naoussa Xinomavros, quality assured, side by side without

• having to leave my house, or
  • having to worry about getting ten more people to join me, or
  • looking at a potential supply of a year’s worth of red wine vinegar, or
  • liver disease?

… not to mention the accompanying expert guidance from Matthew.

Rationalising for myself.

11 Likes

Personally, I think I can cope with the problem of working out what to do with a mixed half-case of Naoussa :slight_smile:

Horses for courses really, and TWS provide us with a choice, so I’m not complaining. I look forward to hearing what Matthew has to say about them on video.

6 Likes

Hey @SteveSlatcher - this is certainly the way that I see it and I hope that members will understand.

We’re offering the event for free, with options for
A - a completely free experience with no wine
B - an option to buy the tasting pack
C - an option to buy whole bottles of the wines featured; be it one bottle or all six!

Hopefully this provides fair options and solutions for all!

Thanks,
Anna

8 Likes

I take it the wines will only go on sale after the tasting?

1 Like

I think you should actually be subsidising these samples for tasting events.

I reckon I would pay £30 for this level of sample set and no more

Some bottles are for sale now, but the limited stock wines should go on sale on the day of the event.
Thanks,
Anna

1 Like

Unfortunately with some limited stocks and high demands for these wines this would not be fair to all members. However, this is not something we have ruled out and might happen in the future with different packs under different circumstances.
Thanks,
Anna

2 Likes

I should also make it clear that these packs are not to make profit! (Just putting that on the table!) They cover the costs of very technical production from our supplier, all delivery costs and the administrative costs. Cheers! Anna

10 Likes

Many thanks for the reply, I was just wondering out loud if it would be a little self-defeating to offer tasters but not the opportunity to taste before stock had sold out :smiley:

2 Likes

A solution might be to offer the six pack (as 75cl bottles) with a limit of 1 mixed case per member until a week after the tasting.

3 Likes

I’m in, unsurprisingly…

4 Likes