01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Germany 2017 offer [November 2018]

tws-offers

I’m going to have report you to the Equalities Commission, you must have breached the Equalities Act.

It is against the law to discriminate against someone because of:

• gender reassignment
  • marriage and civil partnership
  • pregnancy and maternity
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation
  • shape of wine bottle

Not sure if I am missing something here but nowhere can I find what actually constitutes this mixed case, all it says is two bottles each of , then nothing, the wine notes PDF ditto, so no idea what is actually in there …?

Yes, it is only detailed in the offer leaflet (available in pdf on the website)

Iphöfer Kronsberg Silvaner Alte Reben, Wirsching, Franken 2017

A full-bodied, heady and concentrated silvaner from old vines, this more than matches its considerable weight with great finesse and length of flavour. 13.5%

Iphöfer Kronsberg Riesling Alte Reben, Wirsching, Franken 2017

Food-friendly, full-bodied and complex, this opulent fruit-forward riesling has wonderful length and partners well all kinds of fish dishes. 13.5%

Iphöfer Kronsberg Scheurebe Alte Reben, Wirsching, Franken 2017

A fragrant and full-flavoured wine combining a deliciously concentrated fruit flavour and enticing notes of grapefruit and guava. 13.5%

I have one each of the 2015 Silvaner and Riesling left. Huge fan of Franken wine and I’m seriously tempted by the 2017’s. Storage is easy as they are screwcaps and don’t need keeping on their side. I think they represent good quality for the price.

A little plug for someone I know who imports Franken wine here in Bristol:

https://macksfrankenwein.co.uk/our-wines/wine-list/

All about the Maximiner Grünhäuser. The 2015 was magical and I have a couple laid down for try again in several years’ time. Trouble is they always seem to go out of stock so quickly. I suspect the tiny vintage of 2017 to be a similar story. 2018 is meant to be a great vintage though.

Thanks I overlooked the obvious, but still strange the PDF notes say nothing at all, an oversight.

Grunhauser is back on form, their dry wines are very good and great value for such a prestigous winery compared with many others.
If you do have problems with TWS running out of stock these people still have a decent range on offer.
https://www.howardripley.com/german-wines/schlosskellerei-c-von-schubert/GRUN-DE-38/2017

I don’t like putting up competitors links on the TWS site but if wines are not available it is not heresy !

Agree that the 2015 Herrenberg was exceptional. Wish I had bought more!

Ah thank you! That looks like a very good backup