Fund an MW student!

But not just any MW student.
Anna Spooner (@annaspooner)who currently works for TWS is a stage two MW student .
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of attending an online TWS event or even an in person event, the likelihood is you’ve had the pleasure of meeting her either virtually or in person .
Anna is extremely knowledgeable and extremely talented but is leaving TWS in March to move to France :fr: relocating to the Southern Rhone where she intends to set up her own business.
The downside of leaving TWS for Anna is that she will now not only have to fund stage 2 of her MW studies herself but will also have to reimburse TWS the cost of her stage 1 studies . She needs to raise 10K to do this.
She has set up a go fund me page to offer (as she puts it) an en primeur service, where she will provide various services once her stage 2 exams are finished in the summer … ie: tastings, Rhone vineyard tours etc….
I firmly believe Anna will do amazing in her future career as an MW and feel given all she’s done right through lockdown and beyond for the members of TWS she deserves some help.
If you are in a position to help Anna by even the smallest donation, here is the link :slight_smile:

https://gofund.me/53eb9e58

10 Likes

@Leah this is incredibly thoughtful! Thank you for sharing this.

I am gutted to leave TWS but the smells of grenache and garrique are calling me to the Rhone and I can ignore them no longer.

I am still hosting online events until the end of March and I will be attending a few in person events too so hopefully will see a few of you before I go.

That being said, I will still be a very active member of the TWS community (even if I can’t buy the wines whilst I am in France - eek! what will I do?!)

I have been so fortunate to meet so many wonderful people in this job over the past 5 years, it’s been a real honour to work alongside so many amazing wine people AND get to meet so many wonderful members along the way - you very much included @Leah

Thank you again for all your support over the years :blush:

16 Likes