For all those who did not get what you ordered

You can console yourself that it is not a new problem, as witnessed by this complaint to customer services:

32 Likes

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose… :joy:

5 Likes

You’d think we’d have sorted out these problems by now. Just shows that we don’t learn as much as we should from history!

1 Like

“Demand for copper was high…”

22 Likes

I feel an immense respect for whoever wrote that. We can fire off an email or submit a review in seconds. They were sufficiently p*ssed off to put the effort into a complaint that must have taken, what, a good hour? That’s dedication.

Also, that’s probably the one thing that person has left that has lasted since 1750BC. If my slightly irritated reviews of a wine got as much attention in 3000 years, I’d feel pretty satisfied.

9 Likes

Of course in those days the “may we substitute?” box defaulted to “yes”.

5 Likes

@SteveSlatcher Sorry pictures not that clear! I thought it was someone complaining about the fact that shredded wheat aren’t as big as they used to be

5 Likes

The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be: “Despite the high demand for copper…”

3 Likes

The complainant would likely have had a scribe to write it as literacy was quite restricted at that time.

And in relative terms the order for copper would be worth more than a few bottles of wine

It’s a mistranslation. Understandable, of course.

It’s actually a complaint about unfair and unegalitarian distribution of the latest vintage from Yiannis Economou (Snr.)

5 Likes

I knew that

1 Like

Do you think they were getting their complaint in early of their allocation of D’Arenberg Coppermine Road not being up to scratch?

From what I know of archeological theorising, it’s most likely to have been cult-related. Would that cover getting wine allocations?

2 Likes

Couple of days ago I ordered the LAST TWO BOTTLES available on the website of Billaud Grande Terroir Chablis '18. Today, they both arrived.

Not a problem.

1 Like