01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Foodbox directory

That’s how I’d understood it as well. Kind of a shame, but good luck to them.

Please report back on how this was! Been thinking about going for it

1 Like

I’d guess it’s less zeitgeist now and they have a two star restaurant, which is bound to be a better money spinner. I’m now tempted to give the box a go (although trying to only use restaurants within walking distance at the moment… I could walk there, I guess!).

I’m sure that’s true. I always enjoyed going there though, felt so London and decadent. Bottle of interesting fizz, loud music. The box at home is fun though.

Have wanted to go to Kitchen Table for ages so lockdown birthdays provided enough of an excuse for the box. Will report back @mpreston91

2 Likes

James Knappett tasting menu was great. Food all excellent, mostly pretty foolproof and lots of fun. Took over four hours.

@Martyn we ran out of little spoons for plating things up before we ran out of crockery :smile:

Jerusalem artichoke soup with apple and hazelnut salad and truffle creme fraiche stuffed crispy artichoke skin:

8 Likes

Has anyone used Pasta Evangelists?

I’ve neither tried food boxes nor fresh pasta so thought this could be an introduction for me to both.

1 Like

We have, about 12 months ago. Pretty good stuff, and portions are just about shareable if you chuck in a handful of spinach or serve with foccacia.

You might want to try La Tua for comparison - we haven’t done it yet, so some feedback would be good!

We tried Nonna Tonda this week. They are really good. Pasta is made on the morning of delivery. 1/2 price for the first two weeks - £6.25 a week for a meal that feeds two, you can cancel any time. Meal options are meat/fish or vegetarian.

3 Likes

We also tried Nonna Tonda. The portions are generous and we liked the taste, too. I think it is only London they serve.

OK, Sailbrand deliver nationwide but I go to their premises in Huddersfield (open Mon to Fri mornings only) - this is the firm all the restaurants, pubs, hotels and fishmongers actually buy from - so you are getting your fish easily a day or so fresher - and the prices are brill (see what I did there). Typically the fish are BIG so expect to portion up and freeze some.

For meat: it’s got to be Farmison (Ripon) - you can even select which heritage breed you want for your meat and the only place I know that sells hanger (onglet) steak. All at Yorkshire prices.

2 Likes